Sounds like a good time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
Woohoo! I've asked to be a steward at a homebrew competition in July. They said show up, get briefed and do a good job. This oughtta be great! Duhhh....what's a beer steward? I hadda look it up on the web. Wow, a lot of steppin' and fetchin', but still, a homebrew competition up close and personal.:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Sounds like a fancy name for 'waiter'. What's the advantage over just showing up and enjoying the show the regular way?

Stewarding is a great introduction into the judging process. If it's anything like the local competitions around here, the judges may allow you to taste along with them. I found this to be very helpful in learning what to look for in different styles as well as being able to recognize off flavors and their causes. I think you'll have a great time.

Stewards have it better than the judges IMHO. The judges will share some if not all of the best beers and of course the worst ones (great for training) but you aren't bogged down with the everyday mundane average brews.

Good luck and have fun,
Wild

Latest posts

Back