Mini jet question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwa-brewing

Reaction score
I was fortunate to get a buon viva? Mini jet, i have a question about the pads, do you run all three of one pad or can you step down like course medium to fine? Thank you in advance!!

You use all three of the same grade, as recommended by Buon Vino. Then you can filter at the next level if necessary, and BV recommends waiting a few days between different filtration grades.

I am sure there will be replies where people say they use a combo.

saramc said:
You use all three of the same grade, as recommended by Buon Vino. Then you can filter at the next level if necessary, and BV recommends waiting a few days between different filtration grades.

I am sure there will be replies where people say they use a combo.

Yea found their youtube video this morning, makes sense was just frustrating cause no where in the directions it says use all the same pad. Probably going to run some wine through this weekend and see how it looks!

You made me go look at my directions, and mine say to use the same. The hardest issue I had with it was making sure the filters are facing the right direction when you insert between the plates. Got it wrong the first time and it is like the filters were not working and drip tray was catching it all. So I stopped and read directions again. But it is a joy to use, plus I have an inline house filter I have hooked up with my All-in-One vacuum system when I need it. Handy for sure.

I've used just medium pads running it through out of secondary (somewhat clear to begin with) and it's taken it crystal clear. I don't think I would waste money on sterile pads if all I have to do is wait a few extra days for some more yeast to drop.

Also if you coordinate well, you could filter more than one batch with same set of pads (2 or 3 white, maybe 2 red), but unless you're really good at timing I'd probably do it with similar batches to prevent mixed flavors.

Back