beer flavoring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infinity25k

Reaction score
hello i just went out and bought a pale ale kit and i was wondering if i placed a beer flavoring addative into it when in the keg or in the second fermenator what would happen. its a raspberry flavoring 5 fl oz on a 5 gallon batch what would be the out come

beer = grains, water, yeast, & hops
nothing else!!

You are really missing out on some of the best beers out there, to mention just a few: Pliny the Younger/Elder (corn sugar), Westvleteren 12 (caramelized sugar), Speedway Stout (coffee beans), HopSlam (honey), Cantillon Saint Lamvinus (grapes), Pumpking (spices, pumpkin) etc...

I don't use any flavorings in my beer,But there is nothing wrong with it.Although I have to agree that a rasberry bitter doesnt sound to good.You should flavor your next brew like a wheat or just a basic ale.Maybe a rasberry smash.

Guys, lets not have a what makes a beer debate on his first thread. :p

Usually flavorings like that are added at bottling or kegging. I suppose you could add it in the secondary but it's not common.

Welcome to HBT!

Back