SS Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one exactly as pictured from this seller a while back and am very, very happy with it! It is well made and all welds are "sanitary" which to me means it's ground flat. It arrived sooner than I expected too. I have not had any leaks like the people in the above link.

My only complaint with it are the rubber gaskets that seal the lid to the hopper. I've had blow offs the last two batches and the gaskets have absorbed the beer and turned light brown. They are also ripping along their edge and will need to be replaced after a few more batches :(

Even the pictures are the same as these were being handled by someone importing them from China I recall on this forum two to three years ago before with the same questions about them as an investment. Around this time other members were begining to build their own to save money by purchasing the conical then the U.S. supplier of deep drawn conicals suddenly jacked up their prices. That supply, demand, profit and the greed monster rises its head again.
I recall back then with these ebay fermenters people were worried about long delays in shipping after sending in their money as the money was transfered rather quickly shipping not I recall. This is round two of the same imported item after Yankee Doll la. Are parts especially the important common item that will wear and take a beating like the seal readily available for quick repacements when needed locally in the states or even in this country? I WISH LUCK ORDER SEND CHINA YOU "NO GET NOW"?
Lead content of the seals would be another question as have they been tested for any toxic materials? granted Bilchmann's are high priced (way more than my wallet, wife and brain tell me to buy compared to these off shore fermenters. Blichmann I would bet would backup their fermenters with replacement parts faster like ASAP as a happy customer is a repeat customer. A burnt or pissed off customer will not be a repeat customer and one that would warn others. This is how I read this thread, anyone else remember them a couple years ago also or did I kill too many brain cells?

Back