co2 quick release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I have, and what I was going to post! I have them on the beer out side, and on the gas in side. The gray is for the gas side, the black ones are for the beer out side. My system came with them, but I know some systems have come with barbed fittings.

i think he means inline ,, not just the keg conection ,,
like say you have many taps , sankey ,coreny , bass ect and you want to beabe to put a deal on your gas line to quickly change out what you had hooked to your regualtor

Quick disconnects from air hose systems would work great. Just need adapters to put barbs on them, and some hose clamps.

Even a slight leak will drain your bottle very quickly. I would stay away from air hose QD's. Walk through any auto shop and you can hear them leaking and hissing. I also wouldn't use rubber air hose for gas or beer. It would make your beer taste like the hose. Those spiral plastic hoses might work though. My guess is after you drained a couple tanks of gas in a week you would remove the QD's. Why not just use a manifold with a spare leg?

yeah i want to be able to take off my c02 so i can quick switch it....like my air tools...
could i use a air hose

I just use a ball-lock corny QD and put a matching gas post on the gas line of my fridge. Not standardizing your QDs seems like you're just asking for trouble to me.

I use these from McMaster. They are designed for gases. I"ve been using these for over 2 years and have never had a leak. They also have a version with a check valve that is something like $6. I have my CO2 tank outside of my fridge with a disconnect also outside. When I want to purge kegs, or anything else, I can just diconnect it and move it anywhere.

partnum=5923K42
NSF Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling Socket, 3/8" Tube Id, 1/4" Coupler, Striaght Thru $1.68

partnum=5923K72
NSF Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling Plug, 3/8" Tube Id, 1/4" Coupler, Straight Thru $1.15

Even a slight leak will drain your bottle very quickly. I would stay away from air hose QD's. Walk through any auto shop and you can hear them leaking and hissing. I also wouldn't use rubber air hose for gas or beer. It would make your beer taste like the hose. Those spiral plastic hoses might work though. My guess is after you drained a couple tanks of gas in a week you would remove the QD's. Why not just use a manifold with a spare leg?

in my XP thoes conectors only leak if your connector arnt the same brand as your fitting...that or thay have had the **** beat out of them for long use and abuse

The quick disconnects you are looking for, they are for Post regulator right? Because the Pre-regulator disconnects would have to be able to handle 1000PSI. I don't remember ever seeing this. I just wanted to make sure that you were talking about after regulator pressures.

dp

I use the air tool fittings found at Lowes or wherever. I have no leak problems. I suspect the leaks in the shops are more about worn out o-rings from continued connect/disconnect over the course of many years.

Latest posts

Back