Making Wine with MR. BEER Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amoceri7

Reaction score
Hello, have recently started my third home brew of beer though my Mr. Beer kit and was wondering the possibility of brewing wine using the same process as mr beer states. It has a custom airlock lid they say took a while for them to fashion and master. It replaces the typical airlock idea and they recommend not altering it. I guess would only work the same way as a normal airlock. PLEASE HELP!

Well, I've never tried it, but it might work just fine. For the first time, maybe try 2 gallons of apfelwein and see how it works. That should be pretty "fail safe". I know when I make fruit wines, it probably wouldn't work in Mr. Beer. I usually do primary fermentation for 5 days, then rack it to the secondary. Fruit wines make alot of lees (sediment and chunks that lay on the bottom) and that would probably clog up your spigot, and it would be hard to leave the lees behind.

Hello, I have began my cyser mead process (not so wine) and it is approximately 1.5 gallons cider, .25 gallons peach juice and all my my spices thrown in. i have added a red star champagne packet for 2 gal and have just one question. the recipe calls for 2 weeks primary and 3 to 6 months secondary. in the secondary process when it is re racked, do i filter the yeast out or let it continue in the secondary?

Rack it at the end of the 2 week period. This means siphon off the liquid, leave the nasty crap on the bottom. Try not to splash too much if you can help it.
Leave it alone for 4 months or whatever, then do it again. Depending on how much lees are formed, I would rack whenever they look to be getting too thick ( It's a gut feeling and no measurement to be maid)
As for filtering, See Racking. NO you Don't filter...EVER. You do a good job racking, and filtering will not be necessary.

Good Luck.

Back