Group buy in sacramento

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we should. Since you're the only person who's shown any interest I think it would just be cheaper/easier to buy a sack from brewmeisters. I don't really want to drive all the way to concord getting 14 mpg to save $15 on grain.

It's too bad there isn't more of a homebrewing community here. I know there are quite a few folks that brew here, but they don't seem to want to hang out with other brewers.

I'm kind of a reclusive homebrewer myself. But that's just because I don't have a lot of free time between work and school. I do however, make a lot of beer.

I also just started selling recipe kits and hops online. You should check it out I have a larger variety of hops than anyone else in this area. Plus since you live in my area I can just drop it rather than pay for shipping.

Check it out: hophero.com

Davidsons said:
I'm kind of a reclusive homebrewer myself. But that's just because I don't have a lot of free time between work and school. I do however, make a lot of beer.

I also just started selling recipe kits and hops online. You should check it out I have a larger variety of hops than anyone else in this area. Plus since you live in my area I can just drop it rather than pay for shipping.

Check it out: hophero.com

When are you going to do bulk grains?

Sorry havent kept up with this thread. I just went ahead and bought some from Rosevile brewmeister. They have the best deals in Sac area compared to driving to Concord. Cheers!:mug: Big brew day tomorrow!!

I'm planning on going out to morebeer in a couple weeks to get some grain. I brew a lot and really need a better selection of bulk products.

If anyone wants something hit me up. I'm planning to go the first week of October.

From my recent Brewmeister receipt
$43.50 for 50 lb sack of Great Western Economy Pale Malt

They also have a store in Folsom. I really like Brewmeister - RV. They are all friendly and prices are fine. I also go to the LHBS on Auburn but I just leave when the old dick is working. Anyone who asks, "What do you want?" in retail and is clearly too busy to devote his attention to the customer is not anyone I choose to deal with. Which sucks because the younger guy there is pretty nice.

If you can't find an excuse to drive to Roseville, you haven't been to Roseville Brewing Company which is about 4 blocks from Brewmeister (and 100 yards from my work :mug: )

Like I said, I need a better variety because I brew so often. I go to the brewmiester in roseville all the time and its a cool place when your in a pinch.

That one on Auburn Blvd is my least favorite place to go. They never have a good malt selection all their products are covered in dust and miss-labled. I'm kinda afraid to buy any dme because I'm afraid it going to be old and stale. And the last time I stopped by the old guy wanted to charge me $8 for 2oz of Amarillo which were practically dust in the bag.

I'd way rather build a strong list of items that I need and make the trip to more beer and not have to hit up another store for a few months.

Davidsons said:
Like I said, I need a better variety because I brew so often. I go to the brewmiester in roseville all the time and its a cool place when your in a pinch.

That one on Auburn Blvd is my least favorite place to go. They never have a good malt selection all their products are covered in dust and miss-labled. I'm kinda afraid to buy any dme because I'm afraid it going to be old and stale. And the last time I stopped by the old guy wanted to charge me $8 for 2oz of Amarillo which were practically dust in the bag.

I'd way rather build a strong list of items that I need and make the trip to more beer and not have to hit up another store for a few months.

I'm interested in a sack of MO and one of Rahr 2 row. Are you still planning to go?

I'm about 80% done with my rig, and got to thinking about bulk grains - again.
Anything new in the Capitol?

I just finished my sack from More Beer. You can't beat 35$ for a sack of 2 row! I might stop by again sometime soon.. but can only carry do much In my lil car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Home Brew mobile app

Good to hear some cheap(er) alternatives are out there. The new lhbs in Woodland is pretty expensive. I think it was $65 for a bag of 2 row.

I'll look into brewmeister next time. Do the Roseville and Folsom stores have the same inventory and prices?

I'm up in Jackson but would be interested in going in on a group buy for the 2 or 3 bags of malt I need. I have to go to Folsom or Elk Grove any time I need something anyway.

I'll check back in a couple of weeks from now. I've usually got time for a trip.
My little truck is probably good for 10-12 sacks. If there is more interest, big truck is good for 15-30.
This would be good incentive to finish my dang rig!

Mr, just got my rig up and running, you're welcome to come brew a batch and split it.

check your pm's.

Best,

I'll check back in a couple of weeks from now. I've usually got time for a trip.
My little truck is probably good for 10-12 sacks. If there is more interest, big truck is good for 15-30.
This would be good incentive to finish my dang rig!

I'm out of 2-row and wouldn't mind another sack or two of Maris Otter.

Yes, the LHBS in Woodland is quite expensive. I about choked on my beer when I found out what they charged (their Mosaic IPA is awesome though). I go to the one in Elk Grove for grains when I need them by the pound and the one in Roseville for bulk grain buys.

I'm out of 2-row and wouldn't mind another sack or two of Maris Otter.

Yes, the LHBS in Woodland is quite expensive. I about choked on my beer when I found out what they charged (their Mosaic IPA is awesome though). I go to the one in Elk Grove for grains when I need them by the pound and the one in Roseville for bulk grain buys.

I just had their mosaic a few days ago... this batch had a bubblegum flavor tho... usually it's decent. I'm willing to grab a sack of 2 row and maybe MO. Let me know

Group buy would be awesome, but in the meantime I went to the Brewmeister store in Folsom. Picked up some grain for several brews.

It's a nice shop, the clerk mentioned that they are opening a new store location in West Sac sometime soon. Good news for us West of the river!

Take care,

It's a nice shop, the clerk mentioned that they are opening a new store location in West Sac sometime soon. Good news for us West of the river.

Oh hell yeah! :ban: I live in the pocket.

If anyone finds out when this location opens please post it here!

Update: I spoke to an employee in the Folsom location when I made the drive up there on Sunday. He said they could be open as early as next weekend! I'm stoked to have a quality, reasonably priced LHBS that isn't 30 minutes away.

Second question: I have been having a bad off-flavor in my beers lately. Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to come to my house, taste my beers and tell me what is going on? You would earn the appreciation of a fellow home brewer! :)

First of all, good news indeed! thanks for it.

About your beers, hit me with a pm, maybe I can come over when picking up supplies? Check your brew system for dead air spots in the piping/tubing, mold and fungus can take hold there, I've been there myself.

Take care,

Update: I spoke to an employee in the Folsom location when I made the drive up there on Sunday. He said they could be open as early as next weekend! I'm stoked to have a quality, reasonably priced LHBS that isn't 30 minutes away.

Second question: I have been having a bad off-flavor in my beers lately. Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to come to my house, taste my beers and tell me what is going on? You would earn the appreciation of a fellow home brewer! :)

Awesome! thanks for the heads up!

Any address you can give out? The website doesn't list the West Sac location yet.

The Brewmeister in West Sacramento is now open for business:

https://www.facebook.com/shopbrewmeister/posts/741232589250129

Between the Brewmeister's new locations and the West Sac/South Sac breweries now open (Device, Bike Dog, New Glory and soon Yolo), Sacramento is having a resurgence in all things craft beer.

Soo cool! Newest favorite beer shop

Depends on your idea of reasonable, I guess. They tend to be several dollars a bag less than Brewmeister but figure out the mileage cost to determine the best value. I live in Jackson, 50 miles from Brewmeister and probably 100 or so from Morebeer for me that's about $10- $12 difference per round trip. If I'm picking up many bags or need to go that direction anyway then Morebeer would make sense.

The wine lab in Lodi has good prices and I've been going there lately since I go to Lodi once or twice a month anyway.

So is more beer the only place u can get sacks for reasonable prices

Give one of The Brewmeister locations a call and ask for a price on the sack you want. I buy Great Western two row, Rahr two row, and Weyermann pilsner malt sacks from them regularly, and I find their prices to be reasonable. The gas I'd spend to get them at MoreBeer or elsewhere would make them much more expensive.

Brewmeister is like $10 more per sack than More Beer though. Just go on Craigslist and find someone that will commutes from the bay regularly. That's what I did and it only costs me a few 22s of home brew every month

Brewmeister is like $10 more per sack than More Beer though. Just go on Craigslist and find someone that will commutes from the bay regularly. That's what I did and it only costs me a few 22s of home brew every month

$10, you say? Been a couple of months since I compared but it was more like $2 - $5 a bag difference at the time, depending on the particular malt. I just checked Morebeer's website and couldn't even figure out how to check the price on a bag this time. Selection can be an issue but as far as hops, I order mine off the net. Rarely do I buy hops in the store anymore.

I looked up brewmiesters and compared to more beer. You are correct they are 10$ more. I live in vacaville and end up driving to concords morebeer when I'm in the area for work. The concord store is amazing! Real friendly peaople and the manager knows his stuff. I just didn't know if there was anywhere cheaper for grain.

My friend just opened a Homebrew Supply store in Rancho Cordova, his prices are much lower than the other Homebrew Supply shops around. I don't need to venture all the way out to MoreBeer anymore 😀

I think he gives a discount on first purchases to.

Back