My house smells like hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think your method of dry hopping will much effect the clarity of your beer as long as the hops are strained out one way of another before bottling.

Did you use irish moss at the end of boil? Or do you plan on cold crashing? (Sorry if you posted this info already, it's been quite a while). It seems like these two things will have the biggest impact on clarity, along with using a secondary (which I assume you'll be doing with dry hopping and all).

I transfered to the secondary yesterday. I ended up not using any bags for dry hopping. It's currently sitting at 72*.

Bottling Day!!! I just bottled my Blind Pig IPA. I got 24 - 22oz. bottles filled. I had some beer left over to fill only half a 22oz. so I ended up just tossing it. I need to pick up some 12oz. bottles.

Forgot to add my FG was 1.014. So Stoked!

I had a feeling I was going to get some heat for that comment :). My wife and I did taste it, but since all I had was the 22oz. bottles I decided to just toss the rest. It wasn't even half a 22oz.

After a little over a week of bottle conditioning I couldn't resist. Nice head and it held throughout drinking. Not as bitter as some IPAs, but still has that IPA bitterness. I'm going to give it another week and then throw in the fridge for another couple days.

ForumRunner_20121202_171744.png

Nice head, man! Looks a bit cloudy. I'm worried I might get that with my Two Hearted clone I just transfered to secondary yesterday; it was the last batch before I started using whirlfloc. I'm thinking of using gelatin when bottling.

I like the label, I used the same one to take some pictures of my Gingerbread Brown. Did you use milk to adhere it to the bottle?

Hey evol

Would you be able to point me to that recipe? I have always wanted to brew a two hearted clone!

I think every home brewer should take a trip to the Sam Adams brewery in Boston during their lifetime, it's like the mecca for home brewers. During the tour they pass around cups of different grains and hops, encouraging guests to taste the grains as well as rub the hop leafs in their hands to get some great aromas. Mmmm, hops.

Took a tour of bridgeport in Portland and got to visit the hop room and had us roll the hops in our hands and smell them, was cool....LOVE the smell of cascade.

Nice head, man! Looks a bit cloudy. I'm worried I might get that with my Two Hearted clone I just transfered to secondary yesterday; it was the last batch before I started using whirlfloc. I'm thinking of using gelatin when bottling.

I like the label, I used the same one to take some pictures of my Gingerbread Brown. Did you use milk to adhere it to the bottle?

Thanks man! It is still a little cloudy, but it was only in the fridge for a couple hours. Hopefully it well clear up more in the next week. As for the labels, I did use milk to adhere them to the bottle.

jmuman703 said:
Thanks Meta! I know what I'm brewing next!

No problem, the recipes on here are awesome, especially when there are 25+ pages of feedback. Mines been really tasty out of the primary samples, I'm itching to get it into bottles in about a week.

evolcoms said:
Thanks man! It is still a little cloudy, but it was only in the fridge for a couple hours. Hopefully it well clear up more in the next week. As for the labels, I did use milk to adhere them to the bottle.

I tried wetting the back of my label, printed on regular paper, with some skim milk. It stayed on for a bit, but eventually fell off. :(

I used normal printing paper. I brushed on a thin layer of milk on the bottle and then laid the label on top of the milk. The milk creates a nice layer on the bottle.

I got some label paper at the lhbs that only needs to be dampened on the back to stick. Says it's easy to remove,but have yet to try it.

Hmm, does your lhbs have a site? I'm curious if the labels you have will bleed. I mean the ink for those who are wondering. Mine hasn't bleed yet.

So its been 2 weeks bottle conditioning and now I am going to move them to the fridge. I have already popped open an few and it tastes great. I had one person tell me it tastes like a BlueMoon, even though I did not use any oranges. I will be giving most of my beers away. I'm really curious to see what Craft brew drinkers think of my home brew. Tomorrow I will be moving the Raspberry Wheat to fridge as well. Cant wait to try the RB Wheat!

Back