• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete Magic Brew setup with 5 extra Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJD4ND

Reaction score
Damn. I am sorry I wasted any of your time! I will no longer offer this "piece of crap" to you guys.

My original asking price was a starting point. I have never heard of anyone buying anything used without negotiating. You really think I thought I would get $3995? No its a starting point for negotiations. Didn't realize I would get hung and then shot at for doing such a thing.

Yeah really dude, i wouldn't pay you $500 for this scrap metal.. I'd give you $300 for all the kegs.

A brew magic system that had newer controls but did have slight rusting around the burners sold for $2500 on ebay a few months ago. It was 12 years old. It was brand new compared to what your selling.

That stuff looks rough. Does it work? Tell ya what, I'll give you $100 for the frame/lines/controls and $25 a keg. You pay shipping. I live in MN.

Someone needs to be shot for letting that go to waste. And no, not in a million years will you get that price. What a tragedy, I wouldn't take the stand for free.

_

Thats really sad that someone would let that go to waste like that. Did they just leave it outside for a few years or what? So sad!

i will send you $5200 for your troubles. i just want to use this medium to tell you that am really interested in buying this item as soon as possible,i will like to tell you that i will be paying with a reputable certified escrow check and as for the shippment my shipper will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i want you to count this item sold. .i am pleased with the condition of the magical brewing would have love to come down for the pickup. homebrew will guarentee the transanction for all parties. but am not chance to do that now but am satisfied with your description of the item i will like you to give me the following so that your payment can be sent.................
1....your full name to be on the check
2....your full contact address to send the payment to 3....your zip code 4....your mobile and land nunmber to reach you.
i will expect your mail.asap.So once you get back to me with your details.i will send the payment.Thanks so much.till i read from you have a lovely day. please remove the ad as it has been sold.
Regards.

i will send you $5200 for your troubles. i just want to use this medium to tell you that am really interested in buying this item as soon as possible,i will like to tell you that i will be paying with a reputable certified escrow check and as for the shippment my shipper will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i want you to count this item sold. .i am pleased with the condition of the magical brewing would have love to come down for the pickup. homebrew will guarentee the transanction for all parties. but am not chance to do that now but am satisfied with your description of the item i will like you to give me the following so that your payment can be sent.................
2....your full contact address to send the payment to 3....your zip code 4....your mobile and land nunmber to reach you.
i will expect your mail.asap.So once you get back to me with your details.i will send the payment.Thanks so much.till i read from you have a lovely day. please remove the ad as it has been sold.
Regards.

Looks legit to me.

I have not personally used this system as it looks to need some reconditioning before it can be put to use.

From what I could find, 5 extra kegs will be included. If I find anymore around the house I will throw those in also. Please look at the pictures for a better description of the condition of the item. I am open to offers. The unit is located in Chicago Illinois.

Asking price is $3,995 for everything. I know this needs some work, but with all of the kegs included I feel this is a very reasonable price.

I can be contacted directly at [email protected] Please title it "Magic Brew For Sale"

Is that you, Fred?

i will send you $5200 for your troubles. I just want to use this medium to tell you that am really interested in buying this item as soon as possible,i will like to tell you that i will be paying with a reputable certified escrow check and as for the shippment my shipper will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i want you to count this item sold. .i am pleased with the condition of the magical brewing would have love to come down for the pickup. Homebrew will guarentee the transanction for all parties. But am not chance to do that now but am satisfied with your description of the item i will like you to give me the following so that your payment can be sent.................
I will expect your mail.asap.so once you get back to me with your details.i will send the payment.thanks so much.till i read from you have a lovely day. Please remove the ad as it has been sold.
Regards.

lmao :d

Regards.

This guy can't be for real, or as real as this guy trying to sell this system for 4k. This thread is funny as hell. Is this a April Fools joke? A little late eh?

Honestly, no harm meant to the orginal poster of this thread, i bet its someone who doesn't even brew. Looked up what he found and seen it sells for 6-8 grand new. Sounds like a estate sale.

Whoever the ass is who let this equipment go to waste is a idiot. The pump went bad on it and figured he couldn't replace it or something like that.

Honestly again, you may have luck sells the kegs by themselves. i would be interested with the keg that has a soda keg lid on it with the posts.

I apologize for making any of you go through the troubles of viewing my thread. I will make sure to stay away from here.

Damn. I am sorry I wasted any of your time! I will no longer offer this "piece of crap" to you guys.

My original asking price was a starting point. I have never heard of anyone buying anything used without negotiating. You really think I thought I would get $3995? No its a starting point for negotiations. Didn't realize I would get hung and then shot at for doing such a thing.

Don't give me this martyr BS. That thing was a rusted hunk of metal that was left out in the elements for what looked like years. There was no guarantee it worked and it needed a LOT of TLC to get back into respectable shape. $4k was a joke.

Don't give me this martyr BS. That thing was a rusted hunk of metal that was left out in the elements for what looked like years. There was no guarantee it worked and it needed a LOT of TLC to get back into respectable shape. $4k was a joke.

from what I recalled when checking, which I may be wrong, but those kegs were selling for $500 brand new a piece. I understand these are not brand new. But at $300 x 5 is $1500. Another $1000 for the unit and the other two kegs on the unit. $2500? I thought $3995 was a good starting point.

So you would have been happy with $2500 and if it sold for $4000 would you have been okay know you ripped someone off?

So you would have been happy with $2500 and if it sold for $4000 would you have been okay know you ripped someone off?

How would I be ripping anyone off? I'm not hiding anything here. And there is zero false advertisement. That is a dumb comment. The unit brand new is 5k plus 5 $500 kegs. I include multiple pictures to show the buyer what they are receiving. If a buyer feels the unit is worth $3995 and they can spend $500 and some of their skilled time to recondition the unit then I'd say they got a good deal. I'm not forcing anyone to buy this unit let alone at my asking price. It's a used product. Day to day in everything we buy we essentially get "ripped" off if you knew the margins. This is a used product that I am open to offers of what the buyer feels is fair.

AJD4ND said:
At that price I'd be "ripping" myself off considering someone offered me $300 for all the kegs.

Well prices fluctuate and differ regionally. Pursue that person and sell them the kegs.

The unit brand new is 5k plus 5 $500 kegs...It's a used product.

Where are you getting $500 kegs from? Is that the 18k gold lined version?

And it's far from a used product...that thing was beat to holy hell...rust everywhere, looked bent in some spots, etc.

Hacked up, used kegs in that condition run maybe $30 on Craigslist.

+1.

This is a used product that I am open to offers of what the buyer feels is fair.

Just go with this bit.

It is obvious that your audience, to date, does not agree with your valuation of the product you are trying to sell. Requesting offers from this community, with the information that you have provided, will be more likely to get you a sale. Taking the pictures down and becoming offensive is not a very sound strategy.

Good luck with your sale.

Just go with this bit.

It is obvious that your audience, to date, does not agree with your valuation of the product you are trying to sell. Requesting offers from this community, with the information that you have provided, will be more likely to get you a sale. Taking the pictures down and becoming offensive is not a very sound strategy.

Good luck with your sale.

Pictures are down because I am no longer offering the product to this community.

The owner of this product was a very successful wine brewer. He obviously did not take care of his items but some things he has are still in very good condition. This was one of his many toys he used aside from brewing wine for a living.

What I felt was a community here to offer some of his other various things he collected over time, my opinion was quickly changed.

If you don't agree with the asking price, that is you're opinion you are entitled to. But the rude and negative comments are unnecessary.

Did my offer go through??
All kidding aside, you might be able to fetch $1000 with the right buyer. That may be a stretch though. 4K was a bit out there as a asking price. No need to get too upset. Cheers, Jeff

If you offer to sell a turd for a million bucks, even to the nicest community you will be met with incredulity at best and derision at worst. Your estimation of the value is very I'll informed. You would have done better to use the fact that this is a " community" and solicited advise from the dozens of people here who know exactly what you have. You would have been treated fairly.

If you offer to sell a turd for a million bucks, even to the nicest community you will be met with incredulity at best and derision at worst. Your estimation of the value is very I'll informed. You would have done better to use the fact that this is a " community" and solicited advise from the dozens of people here who know exactly what you have. You would have been treated fairly.

I'm looking at about $8000 worth of parts when brand new. Knocked that in half for the bad condition for a starting ground on negotiations. Didn't know that was so wrong on my end. I felt it was valued at one price, you guys felt another, why be rude and inconsiderate when telling me you feel its worth less?

I'm looking at about $8000 worth of parts when brand new. Knocked that in half for the bad condition for a starting ground on negotiations. Didn't know that was so wrong on my end. I felt it was valued at one price, you guys felt another, why be rude and inconsiderate when telling me you feel its worth less?

Why are you still here arguing your point?
You took the pictures down, and said you weren't selling to our "community".

Let it go.

Also, I never even saw this thread when the pics were up, so I have no opinion about the price. Just basing my response on the dialogue that I read.

Furthermore, you signed up as a member of this forum solely to try to make a buck. Imagine someone coming to your "community" selling something door to door that everyone clearly thinks is overpriced junk(again, I never saw the pics). What kind of reception would you give that person. You'd probably slam the door in his face.

Pictures are down because I am no longer offering the product to this community.

Why are you still here arguing your point?
You took the pictures down, and said you weren't selling to our "community".

Let it go.

Ok, that's enough. If the "stuff" isn't for sale, isn't it silly to keep a "classifieds" open? I mean, if you post something on Craigslist but then announce it's not for sale, the post is removed.

I think we've had about enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back