Faucet Splitter? (2 kegs 1 faucet)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhruv6911

Reaction score
So i've got a kegerator that i built from a mini-fridge a while back that i am looking to work on. When i built it, i assumed i was only going to use it for one keg since that's all that fit into it at the time. So i placed the faucet right in the middle of the kegerator and well, since then, i ripped the plastic and some insulation off to fit two kegs. I really don't want to drill another hole and have the thing look unsymmetrical. So i was [late night buzz] thinking, they have those Y splitters with ball valves on each stem for gases, do you think it would be possible to use that for a beer line? Just turn the ball valve for whichever beer one wants poured on and the other off. If both kegs are kept at the same pressure (so have to be using another splitter for CO2) there is little risk of beer going from one keg to the other. I also realize that the first few ounces of the beer are going to be residual beer after the switch, but that's fine with me since i can pour a little out first while the beer line refills with the new beer.

Thoughts/comments/concerns?

Other than the the PITA of opening up the frig every time you feel like switching and dumping a couple of ounces, sure, why not. Go wild, think out of the box, and put the switching outside the frig!

Are we talking a tower faucet or just a faucet mounted on the door? I dont know either way if it were me I'd just put another faucet in. A tower can handle more than one faucet. As for a door mounted faucet, people dont alway mount them centered due to logistics inside the fridge or panel.

Back