I hate HBT!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
In the very short time i have been in homebrewing i never thought i would spend so much money (already spent like $300 in brewing equipment) and then here i go today and get my Sanyo 4912 fridge to make my kegerator :D . If it wasn't for you #$%^@#^^#$%@#$ i never would have thought about kegging my beer and spending so much! Screw you all! :mug:

Now i have a problem with choosing my tap handles. Looking at these:
Handles
But can't decide which two to get. Any suggestions (i have a brass tower coming with my kegging setup)? Also, does anyone know where i can get rails for the fridge so i can keep glassware on it?(probably not a good idea since i have a jack russell that jumps everywhere and bumps into everything)

Have you ever thought about a Ferminator, or maybe even a custom sculpture?

What is a ferminator? And a custom sculpture sounds like it would cost a lot and i'm not a good artist to draw or think up a design myself.

Lol ummm yeah. Long way off from a conical fermenter. It was hard enough to convince myself that i would have enough room for the kegerator. BTW, i found where i can get rails but what does everyone think about which handles i should get for my taps? I kinda want it to match the fridge but i also want each one to be different in style and color.

I like the ones with the round medallions on them, you could put logos on there or just leave them blank, they'll look good in either black or white too.

Ha HA HA. You haven't even scratched the surface. Wait till you start looking at towers and taps to dispense the beer from that Keggerator. Then start looking into Brew sculptures, but wait should you waist your money on a vertical system or go all out on a horizontal system. You know it would be so much easier if I had a conical fermenter and a counter flow wort chiller and a pump system to move the wort.

Don't you just love it!!!!:tank: :rockin: :fro:

Yeah i hate that i keep spending this much money and i always tell myself this will be enough but it never is. The good thing is, after this i really can't get anymore (no space). I wouldn't mind going AG (just getting ready to get into PM) but i know there is no way i have space for that right now.

Actually i have another question: I saw that there is a faucet for stout beers. I'm about to brew a raspberry chocolate stout next weekend. Is that stout faucet that good and wouldn't i also need a nitrogen setup for stout to dispense it just right?

You can't use those stout faucets without a beer gas setup (requires yet another tank of gas and regulator). I'm sure it's one of those things that are nice to have if you have the money to burn, but I certainly can't complain about my stouts coming out of my regular faucets.

mullimat said:
What is a ferminator? And a custom sculpture sounds like it would cost a lot and i'm not a good artist to draw or think up a design myself.

Here's one.

There's mash converting in the middle keggle in this pic, I just took the photo.

Beer Sculpture 002 (Medium).jpg

Yeah no room for that right now. I think i'm going to go ahead and brew up my belgian abbey ale tonight.

I like the medallion handles. Do you suppose the ink jet printed labels and some milk would stick a label to them???

Denny...is that one of those cloth buildings? How's that hold up? I'd jam on one for a brew cave.

BigKahuna said:
I like the medallion handles. Do you suppose the ink jet printed labels and some milk would stick a label to them???

Denny...is that one of those cloth buildings? How's that hold up? I'd jam on one for a brew cave.

Yeah, the Car shelter type. Works pretty good. Kinda a fire resistance tarp like material. Bought that one at Costco last year.

OK.. gotta go HLT water temp hit target......

Thanks! I'm glad to be a part of it. Wait till you get a freezer in the garage for conditinoing and carbing your kegs. You wife will forever thanking you. :D

KeezerAlmostFull.jpg

Back