Greeting from Hong Kong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't pick up on the SEA Asian brewers part. What does that mean? I've been to Hong Kong. Scary landing between the close mountains.

oooops. South East Asian Brewers!!! Yes a little scary but the speedy commute to home (45 min door to door) makes it worth it!!

Didn't pick up on the SEA Asian brewers part. What does that mean? I've been to Hong Kong. Scary landing between the close mountains.

I think you mean the skyscrapers at the old airport ;) the new one on Lantau isn't as scary.

Hong Kong is one of my favorite places. What I wouldn't give for a quick hike on Dragon's Back followed by lunch in Sheck-O. Then a cab and MTR ride for dinner at the American restaurant down in Wan Chai.

Went to HK for a 3 week holiday/vacation when I was 11 with family. My Uncle was stationed there with the British Army. Loved the place and would love to go back!

I think you mean the skyscrapers at the old airport ;) the new one on Lantau isn't as scary.

Hong Kong is one of my favorite places. What I wouldn't give for a quick hike on Dragon's Back followed by lunch in Sheck-O. Then a cab and MTR ride for dinner at the American restaurant down in Wan Chai.

Hey AZ, you're much more familiar with HK than I am. I think I hiked Dragon's Back.. it was 25 years ago so my memory is pretty foggy. Is that the hillridge that over looks China?

I only went there a few times, once in an airplane and it was scary landing. Mostly just a port visits. We took a ferry of sorts from the ship to shore. Lot of junks in the harbor along the way.

Hey AZ, you're much more familiar with HK than I am. I think I hiked Dragon's Back.. it was 25 years ago so my memory is pretty foggy. Is that the hillridge that over looks China?

I only went there a few times, once in an airplane and it was scary landing. Mostly just a port visits. We took a ferry of sorts from the ship to shore. Lot of junks in the harbor along the way.

Nah, Dragon's Back is on the the southeast side of Hong Kong Island. Pretty remote, well, at least for HK. :)

The old airport was a scary landing between mountaintops, skyscrapers, and onto a runway reclaimed from the ocean.

There is one HBS but it's online only and is sorely lacking goods. But they just opened so I'm hoping they will expand.

Nah, Dragon's Back is on the the southeast side of Hong Kong Island. Pretty remote, well, at least for HK. :)

The old airport was a scary landing between mountaintops, skyscrapers, and onto a runway reclaimed from the ocean.

Have always wanted to go to Hong Kong. Should have taken advantage of the cheap airfare when I was stationed in Korea, but like most soldiers I was too busy drinking in Seoul at the time! Definitely going to have to make the trip one of these days!

Back