Where to get my co2 tank filled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishing73

Reaction score
I live in Yadkinville NC and need my 5lb co2 tank filled. Been calling around all day and nobody fills them! They will swap one out but mine is new and I dont really want to trade for an old beat up one.

Does anyone know where to get it filled in this neck of the woods? Also, how much are yall paying to have ur 5lb tanks filled? Thanks a bunch guys. :rockin:

I don't live anywhere close to NC, but fire extinguisher places often fill rather than swap. Here it's about $16 cash for 5 lbs and $20 for 10 lbs.

I don't live anywhere close to NC, but fire extinguisher places often fill rather than swap. Here it's about $16 cash for 5 lbs and $20 for 10 lbs.

Thanks a bunch, Ill check that out.

I live in Yadkinville NC and need my 5lb co2 tank filled. Been calling around all day and nobody fills them! They will swap one out but mine is new and I dont really want to trade for an old beat up one.

Does anyone know where to get it filled in this neck of the woods? Also, how much are yall paying to have ur 5lb tanks filled? Thanks a bunch guys. :rockin:

most places these days only do tank swaps, even here in the big city of seattle... sometimes this works out really well, i swapped 2 really beat-up 20lb steel tanks for 2 very pretty aluminum 20-pounders and it only cost me $55.

a beer distributor is another place to look. most will only do an exchange. we run a welding supply shop and many of our local beer distributors are our customers.

They will swap one out but mine is new and I dont really want to trade for an old beat up one.

Did you ask if they have any nice clean aluminum tanks? I swap mine but tell them what it's for and ask for a nice clean aluminum tank. The only beat up nasty tank I've had was the used one I started with. Not saying it's right for you, but there are several advantages to swapping for me. I never have to worry about hydro-certs, I don't have to wait for the tank to be filled, I always get the full 5,10, or 20# I paid for (the liquor store "filled" my buddies 5# tank with 2.3#), and it's cheaper. Just throwing it out there as an option.

I get my CO2 filled at a dive shop, which you may have in your town in NC, depending on how close you are the the coast.

TopherM said:
I get my CO2 filled at a dive shop, which you may have in your town in NC, depending on how close you are the the coast.

There are dive shops spread throughout the piedmont too. You have to train somewhere before heading to blue water. Plus, we have lots of abandoned rock quarries that some dive clubs have gotten access to.

You might also do a quick google search for beverage supply companies in your area... I found one about 10 minutes from where I work that'll fill a 5lb tank for $9. Plus, the guy who runs the place has been very helpful and also quite generous when it came to helping me outfit my kegerator...

+1 on fire extinguisher places ... I paid $16 for 5 LB ... there is exactly one place near Jeff City MO that will fill them ... all others wanted to trade, but I didn't want to trade my brand new aluminum bottle!

I had trouble finding a place here in NJ that would fill and not swap. I called sporting goods stores and fire extinguisher places. No one would fill.

So, I wound up going to a welding supply place which did a swap.

Here in las Vegas and when I lived in NJ last year, I went to paint ball shops. 15 bucks for a fill

Paint ball shop in St. Louis, used to be $10/5# but now $15 once they figured out they're the only place that'll do fills around here.

Latest posts

Back