No bubbles?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRsBrewhaus

Reaction score
Heyo :)

I'm a newbie here. I have a new batch 12 hours now and no bubbles! I'm panicking. I used a liquid yeast that I have never used in the past (well, the three times I've done this before... ). Says it could take 15 hours. Any words of wisdom?

In the time it takes me to go through all the stickies, my beer could be dying a horrible, unbubbly death! Just looking for some direction. Thanks.

DRsBrewhaus said:
In the time it takes me to go through all the stickies, my beer could be dying a horrible, unbubbly death! Just looking for some direction. Thanks.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but this really comes up a bunch of times every week. Searching quickly for your answer might be faster than waiting for someone to respond to your new thread. The sticky regarding this would have told you everything is ok within 1 minute of reading it. The sticky is called fermentation can take 24 to 72 hours to show signs. Bingo!!!

Everyone on here is very helpful and is full of knowledge. You can ask anything and you will get good response but don't forget the search feature works just as well. I like to search first then ask if I can't find my answer.

To get back to your post, you are fine. Some times you wont even see bubbling in the airlock. The only way to know how your wort/beer is fermenting is to take gravity readings. If your reading goes down, it is fermenting. If it says the same, It isn't fermenting and then you need to look into why it isn't fermenting.

Just read, read, and read some more. I'm on this site 2 hours a day either online or using the app. Plus I read How To Brew and a few other great books. There is a lot of info out there that will help you.

Just do a good starter and it will take off in the future. I pitched my 1800 ml starter into my APA yesterday and had airlock bubbles in 1 hour. You can't beat a nice starter.

One brew at a time...

Mine might have bubbled twice in the 12 days it was in primary. As long as the hydrometer #'s are going down,you're good to go.

rdwhahb should never be followed by exclamation points, like its some kind of urgent demand... That is a hypocritical paradox.

no.

a Psychologist and Proctologist are hypocritical pair-of-docs

:)

the exclamations are meant for enthusiasm. i apologize if meant otherwise!!!!

RDWHAHB = Search the forum, your question has been asked and answered a thousand times.

Seems like we need to all read Yooper's latest post on manners. I think this question could have been answered succinctly in the same number of words. Yep, we should all learn to use "Search".. but, maybe the noobs don't know about it.. or how to input the search info.

Well,this morning I cleaned the empty bottles,did food prep,got the pit going,preped the ham & turkey & into the pit,& cleaned up a little. Does anyone mind if I RDWHAHB too?!:mug:

HbgBill said:
Seems like we need to all read Yooper's latest post on manners. I think this question could have been answered succinctly in the same number of words. Yep, we should all learn to use "Search".. but, maybe the noobs don't know about it.. or how to input the search info.

I thought that was relatively polite suggestion. One must have been living under a rock for the past 15 years to be ignorant of the search capability of the interwebz.

Besides, none of you have ANY idea how to play the RDWHAHB game, the faux pas here was not in suggesting to search the forum it was in the clear and direct answer to the question.

It's like I'm dealing with a bunch of NOOBS here!!!! :mad::p

A courteous explanation for the Noob: The saying "Relax, Don't Worry. Have A Home Brew" comes from a man named Charlie Papazian. He's was, and is, a big influence on Home Brewing movement. He coined this phrase in his book "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing".

A courteous explanation for the Noob: The saying "Relax, Don't Worry. Have A Home Brew" comes from a man named Charlie Papazian. He's was, and is, a big influence on Home Brewing movement. He coined this phrase in his book "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing".

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

Will someone in the know please jump in on this and help me out?!?!! :D

Is ChandlerBreweru wrong? I thought it was Charlie P who coined it in his book? Do tell Shooter

Back