Vieille Provision Saison Dupont

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Anyone try this? I picked up a bottle today at my local grocery store.

5386.jpg

Yeah, one of the best beers in the whole wide world. As t00l said, it's the definitive Saison. Garrett Oliver keeps several cases on hand at his house at all times.

I drank my bottle of this that I picked up at Jungle Jim's in Cinci. I agree with Evan! - it was easily one of the top beers I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. Un-friggin'-believable. The spice that came off this beer was unreal as was the citrus.

I also now know exactly what "dry as a bone" means.

Garrett Oliver keeps several cases on hand at his house at all times.

Thats 'cuz he's a tool. Seriously though, this stuff is the barometer for the style. I drank this during my wedding on the ride from the ceremony to the reception. Definitely classic...

I'm saving it for taste test when I tap my Saison du Mont. Thanks for the feedback!

That's a great idea. Saisons are really widely varying when it comes down to it, but this beer is fantastic. It would be my favorite saison if it were for the Dupont Avec Les Bon Vouex. But that is a much more intense saison. A lot bigger.

You will enjoy this beer!

The review...

Appearance:
Cloudy and golden with a slight orange hue. Big, fluffy, persistent white head and bigtime lace.

Aroma:
Citrus and coriander with a light wheat/cereal note. Spicy hops in the background.

Flavor:
Sweet orange up front; very light malt flavor before a pepper/spicy finish. A bit sweeter than I expected, but very pleasant.

Mouthfeel:
VERY effervescent - accentuates the spiciness. Coats the tongue nicely without a "thick" feel. Refreshing, as advertised.

Overall:
Again, not as dry as I expected, but quite balanced. Really reminds me of Hoegaarden, but it's not so heavy on the palate. An excellent beer!

Back