competition entry question/problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBuffoon

Reaction score
I have decided to take the leap and enter a couple entries in the upcoming FOAM competition. My first entry is ready to go and no problems, just anxiety about what judges will say. My second entry is where I need some help or advice. When I bottled it, I really didn't have plans to do anything except drink it so I bottled in 22 oz bottles. It has been conditioning for a week and a half. The competition requires 12 oz bottles. Is it feasible or possible to take a bottle or two and somehow re-bottle it for competition compliance? if so, what would be best way to try it without oxidizing the beer very much? or am I just better off sending 1 entry?? I appreciate your thoughts.

I have decided to take the leap and enter a couple entries in the upcoming FOAM competition. My first entry is ready to go and no problems, just anxiety about what judges will say. My second entry is where I need some help or advice. When I bottled it, I really didn't have plans to do anything except drink it so I bottled in 22 oz bottles. It has been conditioning for a week and a half. The competition requires 12 oz bottles. Is it feasible or possible to take a bottle or two and somehow re-bottle it for competition compliance? if so, what would be best way to try it without oxidizing the beer very much? or am I just better off sending 1 entry?? I appreciate your thoughts.

I bet if you emailed them and explained the situation they might allow you to enter it and would judge it, but it would likely be ineligible for a top 3 spot.

Back