Two Brothers Incinerator Blonde Dopplebock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Two Brothers Incinerator Blonde Dopplebock
Brewed with cracked black peppercorns. 19.2 Plato, 32 IBU, 8.2% ABV. One of their Artisan Series offerings only available in 22 oz bottles

I picked this up last time I was their HBS and just now tried it with dinner tonight. I believe you might be able to find it in some finer Midwestern beer stores, such as Sam's in the Chicago area, very soon. Me likee!:D

It pours a clear amber/orange color with a decent head that very quickly dissapates. Carbonation is moderate. Blonde, it is not!

It has a very slight fruity smell. The mouthfeel is smooth and the taste is slightly caramely; malty, but not overly sweet. Hops are just noticeable. The pepper flavor is in the finish and very, very nice. Nothing like some of those, IMHO, awful chili beers like Cave Creek.

Overall, this is a success. The pepper is subdued, but there's enough of it there to set this apart for what would otherwise be a still good dopplebock. Well done.:mug:

Dude said:
I am still trying to figure out how they can manage to call it a dopple, but.....
Yeah, it just barely fits the style guidelines for a dopple. It really stradles the line b/w a dopple and a maibock or helles, IMO. In fact, on the bottle it states that they were originally going to make this a maibock, but got sidetracked.

i've heard of american breweries doing double maibocks before, have not gotten to taste one though. where is two brothers located? i think we get some of their beers, but i can't remember. on another note i tried a eisbock straight from the fermenter at work yesterday, damn was that some tasty stuff, sweet and powerful at something like 14% alcohol and using an authentic smuggled yeast strain straight from bavaria that gave it a great character.

Chairman Cheyco said:
You're fired.
of course i meant that she should hide it in a secret compartment in her purse or something.....yeah, that's what i meant....

Dude said:
Sounds interesting.

I am still trying to figure out how they can manage to call it a dopple, but.....

I thought the only real difference between bock and doppelbock was OG. As soon as you hit 1.072 slap a 'or' on the end and call it doppel.

Back