What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frohe Weihnachten!
img-20121224-00285-57730.jpg

Skunky sucker/good hoppiness underneath. I kinda like it? Pretty flavorfull for a 4.7%. Strong grassy burntish/herbal bitter.Good feel. Im starting to think some of these english esb's are kicking a lotta pale ales asses. Plus I like titties.

ruddles esb.jpg

image-2666716505.jpg

Homebrew.. All I can say is its a Frank'in Dunkeweizen... Leaning towards a porter in SRM and mouth feel... Hint of cinnamon and nutmeg... Hopped with Zythos and Cascade...

Big Eddy RIS. Kind of rough, but I think it would be a lot better with some aging. Lucky for me, I have plenty of room to cellar this one. I bought a 4 pack, so the other 3 will be aged for a while before I try another one. Next up is a couple of my Hefeweizens while I wrap gifts for my kids.

Decided to crack the Avery 19th Anniversary Tripel. So far not really digging it. I get a little bit of pilsner malt aroma, a big peppery flavor and tiny hint of lemon. It's not fridge temp or anything but Im letting it warm up a little before I stamp it "Severly Disappointing".

image-1444247516.jpg

Edit: Yea temperature doesn't seem to matter, all I get from the yeast is pepper and nothing else. Tastes very much like a sub-par American attempt at a Belgian style. Maybe I scored a bad bottle since I picked it up in TX? Supposedly this should be fruity.

Squat. Laid up with the flu and a hurt back. Christmas without beer. Seriously. How lame is that?

So no alcohol for me. These Norcos, however, do have me feeling okay for the time being.

Squat. Laid up with the flu and a hurt back. Christmas without beer. Seriously. How lame is that?

So no alcohol for me. These Norcos, however, do have me feeling okay for the time being.

That's a bummer! I'm just getting over a cold myself, but I'm still having a few beers. I'm also mixing in some narcos, just for good measure! :cross:

Stone Vertical Epic 10.10.10, 11.11.11 and 12.12.12, along with a Corsendonk Christmas. Merry Xmas everyone!

ICWiener said:

Suck man. I've had a pretty bad cold for a few days, I've still been getting stuff done and having a few, but I've got a fridge packed full of super premium beer right now and I don't want to drink any of it because I can't smell, taste, or get a proper buzz because after a beer or two I just want to go to sleep. Pretty lame.

Suck man. I've had a pretty bad cold for a few days, I've still been getting stuff done and having a few, but I've got a fridge packed full of super premium beer right now and I don't want to drink any of it because I can't smell, taste, or get a proper buzz because after a beer or two I just want to go to sleep. Pretty lame.

That's how I feel. I have a Heady Topper that a friend sent me, but I'm saving it until my tastebuds work again!

I'm just getting over a cold myself, but I'm still having a few beers. I'm also mixing in some narcos, just for good measure!

Wooooo! You'll be feeling it in a little bit.

I've got a fridge packed full of super premium beer right now and I don't want to drink any of it because I can't smell, taste, or get a proper buzz because after a beer or two I just want to go to sleep. Pretty lame.

Same here. I have a bottle of Logsdon Seizoen Bretta and a bottle of Drie Fonteinen Golden Blend sitting in the fridge. No way I'm touching those without all of my faculties in working order.

Decided to crack the Avery 19th Anniversary Tripel. So far not really digging it. I get a little bit of pilsner malt aroma, a big peppery flavor and tiny hint of lemon. It's not fridge temp or anything but Im letting it warm up a little before I stamp it "Severly Disappointing".

View attachment 90217

Edit: Yea temperature doesn't seem to matter, all I get from the yeast is pepper and nothing else. Tastes very much like a sub-par American attempt at a Belgian style. Maybe I scored a bad bottle since I picked it up in TX? Supposedly this should be fruity.

It's going to be at least 7 months old by now. The bottle dates on Avery are xxyyy where xx is the two digit year, e.g. 12, and the yyy is the numerical date of the year. So 043 would be the 43rd day out of 366 in 2012.

They Wyeast 3522 / WLP550 yeast in this which tends towards more phenols and less esters than some of the other Belgian yeasts. So you will certainly get that pepper which I can see how people don't like it. Some pepper flavors are different than others. I don't mind the hot clove / allspice style phenols, but the white pepper styles ones I can't stand.

I thought it was a solid beer. Of their holy man or whatever series, this was my favorite. The Salvation golden strong wasn't golden, and had far too much body for my taste. But once you've tried Duvel, you're ****ed because nothing else compares.

The Tallgrass Velvet Rooster is a decent triple as if the Long Strange Tripel from Boulevard if you want to try something a little different.

Polishing off one of my iipas as I wind down from setting Christmas stuff up for the kids. Time for bed since the little bastards will be waking me up in a few hours.

ForumRunner_20121225_025351.jpg

Back