• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Someone help me? Tap handle inserts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
Im in the UK and cannot find anything that resembles tap handle inserts. I've ordered two different things that have been suggested that I can get in the UK and none are of use.

The tap handle inserts that I've seen used in a number of handle threads, are impossible to find over here!

Would it cost way too much to post these to the UK?

In the US, the tap handle threads are 3/8"-16. I believe the taps sold overseas are a different thread (diameter and count). If possible, take one to the hardware store and find a nut that will work on it. You now know the thread size/count you need for inserts. IF it is 3/8"-16, I have some of the brass ones that are 'spares'. If they're a different thread, then you could just get the nuts that match and get them either ground round, or put on a lathe and turned. Use some good glue (two part epoxy would be my choice) and glue them into what you want to use.

PM me if you need the 3/8"-16 inserts. :D

Buy me a round trip ticket and I'll get her figured out for you!
We can see about drinking a few gallons while I'm there also.

I think golddiggie is right. Yours is probably a metric version close to what they are over here. Taking a faucet to the hardware store and figuring out the thread size is what I would do.

That's the problem, I took one to the shop but couldn't find anything that fit, as they. Are perlick525's ordered from the US!

That's the problem, I took one to the shop but couldn't find anything that fit, as they. Are perlick525's ordered from the US!

Then you need the 3/8"-16 threaded items... How many do you need? If you can order from online US vendors, might be easier to just do that. If not, there's a couple of us that posted as having spares. Depending on how many you need that is. I'd want the cost of shipping sent to me for this, so that I'm not going into the negatives. ;)

I'd gladly pay for shipping, if someone could let me know what it could be! I'm only. After 2. Well 3 so I have one spare!

Back