What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sulli said:
Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. Delicious!

A Vesper! Fantastic!

Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber. Until my buckwheat ale is ready (day two of fermenting), and until I can get going on my Russian Imperial stout, which I'm calling Kommissar Murphy, I have to drink my local brews. Happily, I live in Madison, WI, which means I can go to any one of about two dozen brewpubs to bide my time.

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat

Didn't like this before, that's why it sat in my fridge for a couple months.

But, after drinking half a dozen other brews this afternoon, it actually tastes alright.

Think I figured out the secret. ;)

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat

Didn't like this before, that's why it sat in my fridge for a couple months.

But, after drinking half a dozen other brews this afternoon, it actually tastes alright.

Think I figured out the secret. ;)

sheesh - i've had two of those sitting in the fridge for at least a couple months now. cant bring myself to open them up. leftovers from a bbq...

img6459c.jpg

sheesh - i've had two of those sitting in the fridge for at least a couple months now. cant bring myself to open them up. leftovers from a bbq...

I couldn't either. It was painfully obvious they used raspberry extract to acheive their flavor. But believe me, kill a half dozen good beers, and then try out a Raspberry Wheat. I'm on my 2nd of them, I think, and I'm glad I can get rid of them finally in a respectable way.

Bells Hell hath no fury: pretty much what its described as a belgian dubble with stout characteristics.Pretty good once in a while beer,its got a good amount of peppery/clove to it.More of a malty somewhat dry dubble though.

Honey-Gingered Ale. A different and delicious addition to the pipeline. Very happy how this beer is turning out and ive only had 1-2 gingered commercial beers!
Drinking this young and appreciating the strong honey/ginger presence from just doing a last 15 boil with them.Im shure it will fade some,for now its just as i would imagine honey and ginger flavor/aroma in a beer and tasting great. It will be a nice hot weather beer as well if it drys out more with age,that wont bother me, its mildly sweet.Another great beer based on the Hombrewers Recipe Guide i used again.Not extract though, but not to say you cant make a good beer with extract.I have plenty aged extract partial-mashes in the pipeline that are still great over a year.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Big Sky IPA, Snake Dog IPA. Several of each. Oh, and watching Full Metal Jacket. It's a good day here!

First attempt at a Blonde ale, turned out great though. Gonna tinker with it as I'm planning on serving a variation at my wedding next year.

image-52536367.jpg

Barnzy02 said:
First attempt at a Blonde ale, turned out great though. Gonna tinker with it as I'm planning on serving a variation at my wedding next year.

I was just at a wedding, yesterday with some of Biermuncher's Centennial Blond that I had brewed. Huge hit. I provided 10 gallons of that, 10 gallons of NB's Chocolate Milk Stout, and 10 gallons of Edworts Apfelwein. All were very well received. It was very cool having a bartender serving my beer.

Drinking my Irish Red now. After opening the pool, painting the entire inside and outside of my screen porch, putting up 2 doors, and mowing the grass (just finished at 9:00), this is the best beer ever!!!!!:rockin:

Xtant said:
I was just at a wedding, yesterday with some of Biermuncher's Centennial Blond that I had brewed. Huge hit. I provided 10 gallons of that, 10 gallons of NB's Chocolate Milk Stout, and 10 gallons of Edworts Apfelwein. All were very well received. It was very cool having a bartender serving my beer.

That's awesome, i was thinking about doing a apfelwein toast, in place of champagne.

We're doing an after party at a social club I'm a member of, so I'm gonna bring my keezer up there. I've actually been meaning to brew either centennial blonde or the cream of three crops. Gonna do something like that and an IPA. I'm pretty excited about serving my beer on such a large scale.

I'm also using the wedding/party as an excuse to upgrade my brewery, to be able to accomplish it, hah.

I used the wedding to upgrade my capacity... that was three best SWMBO would allow. Lol. I doubled my cornies to eight. Have three 6.5 better bottles, and five 5 gallon better bottles.

A word of caution... the bride and groom requested the Apfelwein be carbed like champagne. No problem. I force carb. I can achieve any CO2 volume I want. The issue was the foam. Couldn't balance to serve. The bartender poured pitchers to left the stuff settle out. Carb it like a beer and you'll be fine.

Back