Best appliance paint?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNBrews

Reaction score
Obviously opinions are going to vary a bit on this, but what's the best appliance paint (preferably epoxy) to use on the inside of a converted chest freezer? The floor of mine has become scratched in a few places from Sankey kegs being shifted around, and those scratches are beginning to rust a bit...I'd like to nip the problem before it becomes a major issue.

Thanks guys.

I used spray can stuff from lowes on the front of my oven- took it off and did it outside, because appliance paint is strong. It hasn't scratched or anything in over a year, so it seems pretty durable (and cheap!). Whatever you decide, ensure to remove all rust first and do it in a well ventilated area.

Sherwin Williams Commercial/Industrial

Polane T Plus
Polane HS
Armorseal Epoxy
Armorseal Urethane

I have refinished a few machine tools using Polane and it's pretty tough. After only a 5 day cure one of my lathe's chip pans was full with aluminum and steel chips swathing in cutting oil and hydraulic fluid no problem. Or you can go to your local automotive paint supplier and get some epoxy primer along with a low level urethane (since your not painting a car with it) that way if you only need a small amount you can buy smaller quantity since Polane is sold by Sherwin Commercial by the gallon minimum.

Back