FOOTBALL Pool!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody want to play some yahoo football? NOT the fantasy team stuff, just picking some winners.

There are two leagues- one is a Survivor league. In that one, you pick ONE game each week. It's easy! The catch is- you can only pick a team one time through the season. The last one standing wins the pot.

One is a yahoo pick 'em league. You pick a winner in each game every week and assign confidence points. The one at the end with the most points wins the pot.

The cost is $10 for each league. If you're in, PM me. I'll PM you my paypal account address, and once you pay, you play! Make sure you put the league you want in (the Survivor, the pick 'em, or both), your HBT ID, and your team name on the Paypal info.

Any questions?

Yooper, I sent $ for both leagues. I didn't realize you wanted team names with the payment. I'll be the Drifters if thats OK.

Thanks to everyone for playing. The extra money is going to come in real handy. :D

ok, if you want to be in, but haven't received the info, I may have misplaced your name. I'm usually so organized, but I may have missed some of you. If I haven't sent you the paypal address, please PM me and tell me which league you want to be in and I'll send out the info tonight.

All are invited- so come on!

I'm asking again- just in case I've missed someone. Anybody else want to join us in the football pools?

I'd be more than happy to win again this year, but will consider than maybe one of you knows more about football than I do! :D

I'm asking again- just in case I've missed someone. Anybody else want to join us in the football pools?

I'd be more than happy to win again this year, but will consider than maybe one of you knows more about football than I do! :D

I wanted to join but I have been kind of MIA so I understand if you won't have me.

Yeah, if there's still time, I'd be in for both. I'm away at a conference ATM and have patchy internet access, but I should be able to pony up the readies before the season starts.

I sent out the info to you two, so let me know if you have any troubles. The first games are Thursday this week, so pick right away!

Anybody else want in? There's always room for more!

Is this where I get to brag about being in first place?

Since it will probably be the only time that I am.

WTF is up with the AFC? First San Diego lose, then the Colts - to Kyle Orton, whoever he is - and with Brady out, the Pats will be lucky to get a wild card. I know week one can be unpredictable, but this is just silly.

Damn it! I thought we had 16 confidence points total. I put them all on one team and forgot about it. Maybe I can make up a little ground tonight but it looks like I've already screwed myself. :(

Jesus freakin' Christ. AGAIN?! The one thing I had confidence in was that the Bears were going to S-U-C-K worse than last year. How the hell did they put up 29 points?!?

I suck. :(

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I figgered that game would be E-A-S-Y for them. ****ing A, two years in a row I'm 0-1 in this damn suicide league. Remind me never to play Russian Roulette, m'kay?

I am in the exact same Yahoo Survival pool with some other guys and I picked Indianapolis in that league and it says "Winner". Anyone here pick Indy and have the same thing show up ?

yahoopick.gif

Everyone make their picks for this week yet? I have no idea how to call the Jets - Pats game. I think Cassel sucks, but I can't decide whether he sucks bad enough to negate the strengths of the rest of the team.

Everyone make their picks for this week yet? I have no idea how to call the Jets - Pats game. I think Cassel sucks, but I can't decide whether he sucks bad enough to negate the strengths of the rest of the team.

I made my picks on Thursday, since I was going to be gone all weekend. I don't really think Cassel sucks, and the defense is still present, so I'd definitely NOT rule out NE!

How 'bout that Patriot defense! That goalline stand was huge. I also have to rescind my "Cassel sucks" claim - he got the crap beaten out of him but still did the job.

The Jets need to get themselves a decent QB, or they'll never go anywhere :p

The Giants looked good again and its a good thing for most of the Survivor league people. If they wouldn't have covered, there would only be 4 people left. I took it in the shorts in the Pool league. My 12, 13, 14, 15 picks all lost.

Yeah, it's not been a good week in the Pickem league. Stoopid Chargers and Seahawks.

I'm also feeling oddly conflicted since the Pickem league started. Yesterday the Colts were losing, which should normally lead to a feeling of smug elation. But I picked them to beat the Vikes, so I begrudgingly found myself rooting for them. That didn't sit well.

Latest posts

Back