New blichmann burner arrived

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LBussy said:
I hunted for a few hours, no better prices. They are drop-shipped from the manufacturer so I'm guessing that will be as good as it gets. I'd buy it - you save the shipping and support your LHBS.

+1 I did a lot of online hunting, and the best deal is LHBS because of no shipping. Also supporting your LHBS is always a good thing!

Brewed my first batch on the Blichmann last night and loved it. So much more power and control than my cheepo turkey fryer. And did I mention that it's quiet? And did I mention that the extension legs mean easy-peasy transfers of cooled wort? Plus, I hooked into the house gas, forever freeing me from the tyranny of propane tanks.

I wish I had seen this earlier, since I just purchased it in Houston and paid the sales tax. Oh well.

You are correct in that Rebel Brewer will provide free shipping on their Blichmann stuff but the website does not do it automatically. You need to send them an email and they will send you a coupon code to cover shipping.

Anyone else scorch their blichman burner quite like this on the first run? Possibly I had it set too high?

Well mine looked like this after my 1st Batch. AGHHHHHHH ! 1st 11 gal batch , Pre Boil vol 13.5 gal, 1st hop addition...............BoilOVER!
It didn't look BrandY New anymore LOL . It's quiet, 3 batches ( 1 was 11 gal)so far, Strike water to Flameout. My tank may be getting empty.
:mug:

My blichmann burner worked so well for my boil kettle that I bought a 2nd one for my mash tun. Expensive, but a nice product.

Our lhbs always offers free shipping on blichmann items.

I can't wait to use this again loved the burner

No they are not the same, bg-14 have a btu output of 100,000 btu and the blichmann has an output of 72,000

I have both, the blichmann uses half the gas.

And there we are.

BG14 is just a cast iron burner. With a 0-30psi reg it's rated at 210,000 (eg: KAB6), and with a 0-10psi reg the same burner is rated at 70K (Blichmann). And there are plenty of folks with both burners that will swear they are indeed the same burners, but they all could be wrong ;)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back