Help Me With Lamp Timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltoftheearth

Reaction score
I have a freezer chest that I want to use as a warming room for bottles. I have a ceramic heat emitter that is 120Volt, 60 Watt from Pet Smart:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3876121&lmdn=Heating

I need a timer to plug into it. The only recommendation I can find on this board is:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E7NYY8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Can anyone suggest any other models they have used that they like?

For additional information, I had created my own cool/hot regulator for the freezer but the heat outlet stopped working and I have no idea why (took it apart, tested it, could not restore functionality.) I do have some concern that the same will happen to the timer but my concern is only out of ignorance.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a thermostat, a heater will be a problem. Even if you get the timing right, if the room temperature changes, so does the internal temperature.

I tried using just a heater a long time ago. Losing a batch of beer is all it takes.

Without a thermostat, a heater will be a problem. Even if you get the timing right, if the room temperature changes, so does the internal temperature.

I tried using just a heater a long time ago. Losing a batch of beer is all it takes.

It shouldn't take too much to keep the temperature over 70F consistently though, right? The freezer is inside the house and temp difference between day and night is no more than 6-7 degrees even in winter.

Bumpity bump! I am sure someone else has some advice on this, there must be someone who has been successful with a timer when bottling.

Latest posts

Back