Holy Crap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
okay, i applied for an assistant brewer's job a few weeks back, and didn't think anything of it (as usual). so, i'm brewing today, gett'n my sparge on, and my cell phone rings. some odd area code, so i let it ride. i notice a little later that i have a new message. it's the brew master from Palisade Brewing Co. in Palisade, CO. pretty damn cool hu?!?!?!?!
so, i call him back and we do a phone interview, and the guy seems somewhat interested. may call me back next week for a second interview, and may ask me to come out to meet the owners and tour the joint!!!!!!! whadda y'all think?:cool: :eek: :drunk:

anyone had any of their brews or sodas?????

Not familiar with them, but that's not all that unusual given my lack of physical proximity. Sounds pretty damn cool! Assuming you get the job, do you think you would get fired for posting recipes??

it would be cool to find out! i was hoping someone in CO would see the post and let me know (Drengel!)......

Good luck on the interview. I haven't had their beers but from a quick internet search it looks like they pulled a couple of silver medals in the 2004 World Beer Cup (ESB and brown ale).

thanks guy's. we'll see if he calls back next week. my wife's a little puzzled, but she'll get over it! :~)

If you become a pro-brewer will you be allowed to "relax and have a homebrew" at work? Sometimes I need a beer at work (teaching kids).

catfish said:
If you become a pro-brewer will you be allowed to "relax and have a homebrew" at work? Sometimes I need a beer at work (teaching kids).

the guy's at Saint Arnold's do :drunk:

just a dream. with my current situation (other than being married with a wife that has a job she loves), it's ideal right now. time to take a leap!

DeRoux's Broux said:
okay, i applied for an assistant brewer's job a few weeks back, and didn't think anything of it (as usual). so, i'm brewing today, gett'n my sparge on, and my cell phone rings. some odd area code, so i let it ride. i notice a little later that i have a new message. it's the brew master from Palisade Brewing Co. in Palisade, CO. pretty damn cool hu?!?!?!?!
so, i call him back and we do a phone interview, and the guy seems somewhat interested. may call me back next week for a second interview, and may ask me to come out to meet the owners and tour the joint!!!!!!! whadda y'all think?:cool: :eek: :drunk:

anyone had any of their brews or sodas?????

Dude that's pretty F'in cool!!!!!!!!

I've never heard of the place before you posted this, but that isn't uncommon. I'll check out the link. Good luck!!!!

I sometimes read those beer rating websites, but just for #*@%s and giggles. They frequently pan beers I love and laud some I hate, and vice versa. About as consistent as movie critics as far as I can tell. Keep us posted!

BeeGee said:
I sometimes read those beer rating websites, but just for #*@%s and giggles. They frequently pan beers I love and laud some I hate, and vice versa. About as consistent as movie critics as far as I can tell. Keep us posted!
yea, i feel the same way. you never know how a bottle of micro has been handled prior to getting one in the mail :rolleyes:

thanks and i sure will!

I've been toying with the notion of applying at our local brewpub, Flatbranch Brewing Co., but never got around to it. I doubt I'll have the success you did, but I think I'm going to try. I'm tired of my current job, and I love brewing, so it makes sense.

Oh, yeah... Congratulations! I hope your second interview goes well also. Do you think you can list this site as a reference?

rewster451 said:
I've been toying with the notion of applying at our local brewpub, Flatbranch Brewing Co., but never got around to it. I doubt I'll have the success you did, but I think I'm going to try. I'm tired of my current job, and I love brewing, so it makes sense.

Oh, yeah... Congratulations! I hope your second interview goes well also. Do you think you can list this site as a reference?

well, you know what i do? i go to www.prombrewer.com and check the classifieds. when i see one posted for assistant brewer, i send my resume. even a blind squirrel finds a nut right?????

every once in a while, you gotta take a chance. it's either w/ the hot blonde at the bar, the boss you always wanted to tell off, or the job you always wanted to go for. "sometimes, you just gotta say fu*k it." :D
cheers bro! (it could be the awesome Hop Rod Rye talk'n?)

i have driven by there plenty of times, and stoped in at there brewery. i was planning on filling up a growler, but they do not do that. and didnt have any time to stop and have a brew. good luck. were do you live? is this somewere close for you?

nope, i'm in Southeast Texas on the Gulf coast. it's a good ways from home, but i need a scenery change :~)

according to the web page they fill growlers. maybe something changed?

thanks for the info and good words.

DeRoux,

I have been following this thread and quietly rooting for you. Here's hoping the new year brings you this great new postion.

If you haven't done it yet, you might FedEx the guy a thank you card for giving you the interview. Let him know you are dead serious about wanting to go to work there, and that you will bust ass if given the chance. You know, squeaky wheel and all of that.

Best wishes...

thanks LL. i did do a follow up letter to him, and told him if i was fortunate enough to get a second interview, i'd make the trip out to meet them. hell, if anything else, i get a trip to Colorado and drink some craft brews. maybe even hit a couple others before i leave.

nothing to lose.....

Congrats DB, best of luck to you. Keep us updated on your progress . We are all rootin' for ya!

Grand Junction is on the other side of the divide from Drengel and I.

I do not recall seeing any of their brews in my local liquor stores, but I shall keep my eyes open. I might have to make a trip to Total Beverage and look for some of their brews.

Now I have a reason to go to the Toys R Us of liquor stores.

And, once again, major props and good luck.

well, after a week, and no return call from Palisade, i called them today, as the head brewer said to do if they didn't call (AKA - no 2nd interview or trip out). so, i called this morning, brewer nor owner are in she told me to call back. called back and got the answering machine, and left a message.
oh well, maybe not meant to be on this one......

well, i have been lucky enough to have the head brewer's at Saint Arnold and Two Row's in Houston to send a referal letter on my behalf to Palisade, but still no response. they could at least have the cahonies to tell me "Thanks, but no thanks.....".

so, i applied for a cellar/asst. brewers spot at Great Divide in Denver.......

even a blind squirrel finds a nut, right?

Dude, don't sit and wait! Call them up and let them know you're interested. Ask if they've fulfilled the position yet. You've got to stay on companies to get the job if you want it.

well, i did e-mail again (to save on long distance) and Tim (the head brewer) e-mailed me back and said he was very busy the last two days, appologized for not getting back w/ me and said he would call me today......
so, the way i figure, he coulda told me "no" via e-mail right? maybe i at least get to go out and meet them??????

yeah still sounds promising, good luck. if you do get to go up and happen by durango pm me and i'll give you a brour (brew-tour) of my little piece of beer heaven.

Latest posts

Back