15 Gallon Fermenter Table Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you looking i have the ability to get some SS valves/fittings.

I appreciate it but I got the full drain Ace that has a female threaded opening. I ended up using PVC (the kind for potable water) for the dump valve with the racking port on the side.

I currently have a summer ale fermenting away for a couple of days now so here's hoping all goes well!

I have everything just need to put it together .....can't seem to her the time ....big fermentation chamber also working on building keggle want to do 10 gallons of octoberfest

lonepalm said:
I have everything just need to put it together .....can't seem to her the time ....big fermentation chamber also working on building keggle want to do 10 gallons of octoberfest

Awesome. This is the best thing I've done. Less racking and less cleaning with more beer output :)

Loaded it up this weekend!!!

image-2610101873.jpg

lonepalm said:
Going to pick up parts for yeast catcher at lunch.

Shouldn't bother since i put in 8 days ago as long as i sanitize everything right?

Nice!
You could still use it as a secondary for this batch, but I would see if the cement needs a cure time! I would personally let it sit for atleast 24 hours to cure!
Post some pics if your catcher!!

any reason you couldn't figure up a screw on tube to the bottom for filling kegs? have it attach like your yeast catcher, but fill a keg from the bottom? Slip it in the keg, slide the keg under, screw on tube, open valve, fill keg? I'd draw something up of what i'm envisioning, but I don't feel like playing with MSPaint today >.>

That was my intention to do :mug: I built the stand tall enought to accept a keg underneath with room to spare, Haven't done it yet because the racking from the top with the autosiphon hasn't gotton old :D

I have 1 1/4" PVC from keg cutting jig that I didn't use.

Will try lowes tomorrow

Not sure if I posted what I bought for this:confused: but from memory I believe it was 4" PVC with a cap on bottom and a reducer from 4" to 1 1/2" on top and a 1 1/2" threaded nipple on top to screw into the bottom of the valve. You'll glue the cap on the bottom of the 4" piece and the reducer to the top and the nipple to the reducer and done. :ban:

got it all together...took a whiff of it this morning and stinks like glue.

thinking about soaking it in a bucket of oxiclean to try and eliminate the odor

Even bigger news!

I got approval to order 3 keg system for future bar. 4 kegs to fill with goodness. Have a 9.9CF Kenmore that i am adjusting the internal tstat to 42 degrees(CL find for $60) allow me to lager as well. Little excited

But i'm curious of when going to kegs do you prime in the conical and then transfer?

Or my other thought was to use fermentation bucket to put priming solution in and fill to 5 gallon line and then rack to keg....just think the cleanest solution is best to avoid oxygen.

Skip the priming. Rack from conical to kegs, and force carb with co2 at approximately 10-12psi for 7-10 days at ~42F (the pressure and temp are interdependent, but the 7-10 days is constant). This way you do not have to deal with the yeast sediment from natural carbing.

That is my $0.02!

lonepalm said:
Even bigger news!

I got approval to order 3 keg system for future bar. 4 kegs to fill with goodness. Have a 9.9CF Kenmore that i am adjusting the internal tstat to 42 degrees(CL find for $60) allow me to lager as well. Little excited

But i'm curious of when going to kegs do you prime in the conical and then transfer?

Or my other thought was to use fermentation bucket to put priming solution in and fill to 5 gallon line and then rack to keg....just think the cleanest solution is best to avoid oxygen.

Awesome!
Carb beer with co2 tank

got it all together...took a whiff of it this morning and stinks like glue.

thinking about soaking it in a bucket of oxiclean to try and eliminate the odor

I also soaked mine in a warm oxiclean solution for a couple of days, rinsed, then poured a couple of cans of cheap beer in, swished around, and let sit overnight. Got rid of all the glue and plastic smell.

FireBrew63 said:
I also soaked mine in a warm oxiclean solution for a couple of days, rinsed, then poured a couple of cans of cheap beer in, swished around, and let sit overnight. Got rid of all the glue and plastic smell.

Nice you made a yeast catcher also?

Not yet SDB, funds are tight this summer, but it is on the list. I's rather put my SWMBO issued allowance into grains.

built keezer on saturday. 2 kegs full of APA this evening, more pics once out of basement.

next batch will only be 5 gallons. used racking arm to keg and it was all very clean. cleaner than i expected.

Going to make some adjustments

-obviously attach yeast catcher at beginning.
-turn racking arm elbow to side instead of straight down.

overall extremely pleased with this setup! :ban:

lonepalm said:
built keezer on saturday. 2 kegs full of APA this evening, more pics once out of basement.

next batch will only be 5 gallons. used racking arm to keg and it was all very clean. cleaner than i expected.

Going to make some adjustments

-obviously attach yeast catcher at beginning.
-turn racking arm elbow to side instead of straight down.

overall extremely pleased with this setup! :ban:

Very Nice

1-30 gallon & 1-15 gallon :)
I'm looking for a cheap 2" nipple for the 30 gallon vessel, anyone know of where to get a cheap one?

Here's a stainless steel one http://www.buyfittingsonline.com/2nptschedule40.aspx , or you can get one at HD or Ace. I've had real good luck with Ace on hard to find PVC fittings.
That 30g is awesome! I will be adding 2 more 15g conicals in a few months. I still haven't added that yeast catcher though.
Cheers

That is exactly what I was proposing using the catcher like that. Awesome build! I was even thinking of a way to purge the collector with CO2 before the valve gets opened again so as to not add more O2. How does the lip catch yeast at the base of the plastic before the plumbing? Is it a lot or does the majority go into the plumbing and onto the collector?

WortMonger said:
That is exactly what I was proposing using the catcher like that. Awesome build! I was even thinking of a way to purge the collector with CO2 before the valve gets opened again so as to not add more O2. How does the lip catch yeast at the base of the plastic before the plumbing? Is it a lot or does the majority go into the plumbing and onto the collector?

For the most part the plumbing collects more than not having one there:)
I have a 1 quart collector underneath, thinking about puting a 2 quart or 3 quart for the 30 gallon fermenter
Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Wow I missed this thread until now... nice setup! Weird thing is that I'm also a twin, with Dalmatians and I brew beer. The brewing world is a strange one... ;)

Back