Belgian Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gokorn2

Reaction score
Had my first Belgian Stout yesterday. WOW! I need to make one. They say it takes about a year or so. Haven't seen any extract recipes for it, or really any recipes for that matter. A few people have recommend using Candy sugar for it.

Since I don't know much about using candy sugar, I was hoping you all could shed some light on it and maybe help me with creating a recipe. I have just started into making my own recipes and being that i haven't brewed one yet i need help..

Thanks

"Darth Delirium: Belgian-style Stout - Velvety jet black, full roasty body, with a complex aroma with hints of licorice and bourbon with a smooth chocolatey finish; with only minor hints of alcohol considering its generous alcohol content. Our most decorated beer has come a long way since being a First Tap. Nowadays, we age this one year before making it available to the public.
10.1%, O.G. 1.104, 37 IBU"

I don't know the beer, but I bet it's barrel aged, hence the bourbon. Since you won't be barrel aging yours, you could probably whip one up in a few months.

First Tap, huh? Sounds like Moose's Tooth is getting even better and adventurous.

I have no idea what the yeast strain might be, but you could always ask around the pub. I've done 1 belgian imperial stout before; I used wyeast 3787. It's a good beer, but the yeast didn't come though like I'd hoped it would. It is a very good strain for fermenting down from over 1.100 though.

Back