My first High-Gravity beers bought......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBRunner

Reaction score
In Alabama at least :D

My wife had the Abbey Pale Ale at a Chef's Table restaurant, and asked me to find some, so while I was at the store, I bought a few more to try......

IMG00096-20090807-1545.jpg

Congrats man, hopefully they bring a good selection your way and by the looks of it they're on the right track.

Does AL have any good chain liquor stores with a good beer selection? I have a friend who lives near (frequently drives through) Birmingham. He's been getting into good beer based on my recommendations (which has been difficult prior to this law being passed). He has mostly been buying his beer at Wal-Mart, but there's got to be better locations to buy craft beer down there!

I bought mine at Great Spirits. I'm not sure if they have a store in Birmingham. I would check with one of the beer distributors there. I'm sure they could tell you who is carrying what around that area. Or maybe a restaurant could tell you what distributor they use that carries the new beers.

All good stuff.If you like the chimay,next time buy the grand reserve(blue).It's the best one IMO.

Back