My first kegging issue.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I force carbonated my Hobgoblin clone for 2 days at 30 psi. I don't have my lines balanced, just 5' on each tap; I got the setup from Keg Connection. My first kegged beer runs perfectly, no foam at all at 10psi but the Hobgoblin served at 8 has nothing but foam. I'm thinking the beer is overcarbonated. What's the process for getting rid of some of the carbonation in the beer? Right now it's pouring fine as I have it set to about 5psi for my serving pressure. It's a little slower to pour but it comes out perfect. Any advice? I did a search but maybe I didn't have the right terms as I didn't find too much on what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Dan

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=75036 Just got done posting this same answer.:rockin: Yes it is probably over carbonated. I have to really crank down my unbalanced system when serving anything close to 2.8 Volumes of CO2 in a beer. If it sets too long under this lower pressure it will eventually lose its over carbonation and settle to whatever the head pressure is. My kegs never last long enough for that to be a worry though for me.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=75036 Just got done posting this same answer.:rockin: Yes it is probably over carbonated. I have to really crank down my unbalanced system when serving anything close to 2.8 Volumes of CO2 in a beer. If it sets too long under this lower pressure it will eventually lose its over carbonation and settle to whatever the head pressure is. My kegs never last long enough for that to be a worry though for me.

Thanks, that solves it. I'll look into balancing my lines as well after these kegs are done.

Dan

Back