Spring Loaded Hinges - Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verde956

Reaction score
Making a Keezer with a chest mounted collar. I need to remount the spring loaded hinges. Anyone know how to do this safely? It is a 13 cu ft Kenmore with external hinges.

Thoughts? Thanks

Hi

There's a label on the freezer next to the hinges. It talks about "watch out for flying objects when removing the hinges" (or something similar). It's pretty much useless as instructions go.

Take a look at the hinge - there's a hole in it that seems to have no purpose in life at all. If you put a big nail through that hole it will hold the hinge in the "closed" position. Mount up the hinges. Get the alignment right. Push down on the front of the lid. Pull the nails.

Bob

Hi

You need a pretty big nail, finding "just two nails" is a bit of a crazy exercise. I hope you have some already.

Bob

carlisle_bob said:
Hi

You need a pretty big nail, finding "just two nails" is a bit of a crazy exercise. I hope you have some already.

Bob

Two Philips screwdrivers of just the right size will substitute just fine.

Back