Ranco Temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiz54

Reaction score
Hi all. I just bought a temp control for my freezer, but there is no plug fot the controller. Where can I buy one. I need a plug that the fridge will plug into then the plug goes into the wall. Just like on my Johnson control. Can anyone tell me where to buy thanks.:tank:

You buy an extension cord and then wire it into the controller. It isn't too hard if you just follow instructions.

Send me a PM and I will get you a diagram. I am assuming you bought an Ranco and not a Rabco?

I just wired a Ranco 111000 last weekend. Is it just me or does anyone else find the the screw clamp wiring terminals in the controller horrible little POS's totally out of character with the quality of the rest of the unit?

The Ranco screw clamp terminals are fine and I don't see any problem with them. Twist connectors work fine but if you insist you can go to the hardware and get a crimper and crimp terminals and be happy.

MikeFlynn74 said:
So does the Ranco just turn the compressor on and off to keep the temps stable?

Yes the Ranco controls it completely. Turn the internal controls in the fridge to the max cold setting.

Back