Fermentation Temps & Secondary Temps + Keezer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
I ferment in the tub...the well water keeps it at around 67-68 degrees, and it's made a big difference between now and what I used to ferment at (~74!) All the carboys in there now have completed fermenting. Is there any problem with moving them to normal house temps (~74-76), until I can rack them?

I'm looking at doing a keezer for lagering, storage, & cold crashing. I've never had a chest freezer, so do they allow you adequate temperature control, or do I need on of those power modules that turns it off and on to maintain a temp?

Grab yourself a temp controller! Soon you will be making the best beer of you life. It's the best upgrade i've made to my setup!

This is the question I'm interested in as well.

Is there any problem with moving them to normal house temps (~74-76), until I can rack them?

I've got a fermentation chamber, but it only holds 2 carboys. So, after the bulk of fermentation is finished, I move the carboy out to room temp so I can make space for new fermenting beers.

Anyone see a problem with this?

I have been keeping my brews in the fermentation chamber for 2 weeks and then taking them out and let them sit for another week at room temp of 73. Fermentation is over so I have not noticed any off flavors in these brews.

subscribed

This is the question I'm interested in as well.

I've got a fermentation chamber, but it only holds 2 carboys. So, after the bulk of fermentation is finished, I move the carboy out to room temp so I can make space for new fermenting beers.

Anyone see a problem with this?

Zero, zip, nada problem with taking it out to room temps. Done it many times - you'll likely get airlock activity but that's off gassing of CO2 tied to increase in temperature, not magic restart to fermentation. (unless you weren't complete which should have been verified by hydrometer)

Back