Easiest hop varieties to obtain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboi

Reaction score
I was wondering out of the following hops are all of these easy to obtain in America/Canada?

Fuggle, Glacier, Chinook, Cascade, and Centennial.

I am not overly concerned about where the hops were grown US, UK, etc.

Definitely Chinook and Cascade would be easiest, Centennial would be toughest, Fuggles would be on the easy side of middle. Don't know anything about Glacier, never used it...

Cheers!

Those are all usually available at a well stocked home brew supply store, except Glacier, which I have not seen--around Northern Washington anyway.

Just about any hop variety is always available somewhere online. Just depends on how much you want to pay for it. The good bulk vendors sell out of stock unbelievably fast.

I think the easiest to find at a decent price are Fuggles and Glacier. Chinook and Cascade can be found but not always at a good price. Centennial........good luck with that one....at least later in the year.
I was at my LHBS this evening and it is always interesting to see the going rate for 1 oz of a popular hop. I have seen it go as high 4 bucks an ounce for Simcoe!! Glad I picked up a pound for 18 bucks.

I found Nugget at the home reno store (Rona, for us Canadians)...go figure!

You will currently find all those hops at Hops Direct. Glacier, Chinook and Centennial all limited to one pound purchase. Cascade and Fuggles aren't limited.

I'm referring to pellet hops, as I don't know where you reside (and therefore import restrictions, if relevant).

I've purchased all these, bar Fuggles, recently from Hops Direct, plus others. A happy Aussie homebrewer.

My 2c

Cascade sounds like the easiest, in pellets is widely available even here in the UK

If you have an LHBS, make friends with the main guy or girl over there. Bring them some beer batches, ask their input on recipes and frequent the store. Then, one day say "I'd like a pound of _____. Can you call me when you get some in?"

That's how i get my pounds of Citra and Galaxy when it's usually 2 ounces per customer.

What????

Why was Rona selling hops? Also, which Rona?

Ya know I'm really not sure why I thought this was a "Where can I buy hop PLANTS" thread...

so...

Rona sells Nugget PLANTS, if anyone is interesting...in other news, I sometimes misread things :tank:

Back