American Homebrewers Association

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a member for three years. Joined initially because I was entering a contest and wanted to get the discount on the entry fee. I renewed this year because I want to support the cause, get discounts at my LHBS and many of the brew pubs around me and Zymurgy is included as a bonus. My 2¢ - it;s money well spent

The AHA has a magazine, Zymurgy, that is good. There are some pub discounts (none local to me). The biggest benefit is that it works to make homebrewing legal in all states, and takes up issues that are unfair to homebrewers.

Depending on where you live, the pub discount (or member deals or whatever they're calling it now) will more than pay for the membership (depending on the spot, I've almost saved enough for a year's membership in one visit). Plus Zymurgy. Plus backissues of Zymurgy available online. Plus audiocasts of NHC lectures. Plus presales and discounts. Plus helping contribute to all the legislative stuff (first on my mind is legalization for those deep south folks). Worth it hands down, absolutely, no questions asked.

Yep. I don't use the pub discounts all that much because the ones in Utah aren't that great (they can't give discounts on beer, only on food and merchandise). I do love Zymurgy though...it by itself is worth the money. Advance ticket sales to things like the GABF are good too and then there's the whole supporting the cause.

Been a member for three years. Joined initially because I was entering a contest and wanted to get the discount on the entry fee. I renewed this year because I want to support the cause, get discounts at my LHBS and many of the brew pubs around me and Zymurgy is included as a bonus. My 2¢ - it;s money well spent

Joined yesterday for the cause and the discounts. Online access to past issues of their magazine is nice too.

Back