30 Beers a Day keeps the Doctor Away.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
Link:
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/beer-is-good-for-you-study-finds-antivirus-powers/1041419

Consuming large quantities of a key ingredient in beer can protect against winter sniffles and even some serious illnesses in small children, a Japanese brewery said citing a scientific study.

Fuchimoto said such small quantities of humulone were present in beer that someone would have to drink around 30 cans, each of 350 millilitres (12 oz), for it to have any virus-fighting effect.

Yeah I saw that after I made this thread. This is probably just me being lame but that other thread title sucks in regards to tell you what the thread is about.

Well I do like the title to this one. Although preventing a cold isn't keeping the doctor away if your liver fails!

Who, in their right mind, would drink 30 cans of BMC a day??? :drunk:

If it's a choice between that much BMC and getting sick. I choose getting sick. :eek: Of course, as already discussed in the other thread, a couple/few pints of home brew is probably enough to give you the RDA of what you need. Including your B-complex. :rockin:

Back