First brew was a success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanInMadison

Reaction score
For a superbowl party, I wasn't sure if my first beer would be ready or not (bottled, but still conditioning), so we bought a couple cases of various micro brews.

After trying a handful, a friend and I decided to try my beer. We both liked the beer. Our spouses who aren't beer drinkers even liked it. Funny, of the beers we drank that day, only the Chocolate Stout was preferred.

In fact, my friend is now talking about getting his own brew kit.

This site was of great help. Thanks to everyone who runs it and everyone who offers advice to those of us still learning.

Just bottled batch # 2 - Irish Stout. Can't wait for St. Patrick's day!!!
Planning batch #3 (Octoberfest) and will include friend in the brewing.

So far, I've only used kits. I'm thinking about using a recipe and purchasing the ingredients separately. Is this a good idea or do people tend to wait longer before migrating away from kits?

Dan

Glad to hear that the first brew was a success. Now get busy doing batches 2 and 3 because the first batch probably won't last very long!

I've brewed 2 batches so far and haven't used a kit yet. The first one was a clone of Bells 2 Hearted Ale that I found a recipe for on here and the 2nd batch was a 7% IPA that a friend put together.

Back