bottle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIONS_FAN2539

Reaction score
bottled 5 days ago. beer is clear. turned upside down and clouded up. should i turn all the bottles or gently shake them or leave em be?

Leave them be and let it carbonate for another 2 weeks or so. You want the sediment to settle to the bottom of the bottle so it doesn't get into your glass when you pour. Unless of course you want to drink the sediment. Some people do.

how about transfering some to a fridge? will they still cloud up after 2 weeks when tipped upside down? will the sediment dicipate? the beer is crystal clear now until i shake it. new 2 this so THANKS 4 your help.

If you chill them, the yeast goes dormant, and you'll have flat beer. Don't put them in the fridge until they are full carbed, usually three weeks after bottling. Find a cool corner for them, somewhere out of the way, ideally around 65 - 68 degrees. Leave them there another two weeks, don't shake them, just leave them be, and you'll be good.

There will always be sediment, never tip them upside down. You may want to open one in a couple days to see how well they are carbonating. Once they are at the point where you want them to be, throw them in the fridge (something that I should learn to do more myself!)

Latest posts

Back