Hangar 24 Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaltnHops

Reaction score
I entered 5 beers into the comp, hoping to at least place...I won a gold for the Light Hybrid Category with my Cream Ale! So stoked!!! This is my first medal in competition. :rockin:

They haven't published them yet. Thanks! This really made me want to enter into more competitions.:D

Sweet!! I entered a Kolsch, American Amber/Red, and a Spiced Beer. How did you get the results? Are they posted somewhere?

I guess they are going to post all the winners on their website tomorrow morning.

Results are up! Stoked that I got a Silver for my Kolsch and a Bronze for my Green Chile Blonde Ale.

I got skunked, but didn't have any really great beers to enter. They were on my way out of town leaving for Phoenix, so I grabbed some bottles and dropped them off. A little surprised a couple of them didn't at least place, but oh well. Anybody know when we can expect score sheets? Congrats to you guys for your medals!

Last year they had the score sheets at the brewery for pick up for two weeks. If not picked up, they will be mailed.

Have you guys received your scoresheets in the mail yet? It's over a month since the comp.....I thought they were mailing them out weeks ago.

They sent me an email that they are going out this week. Thought maybe they lost mine or something.

No score sheets here yet. I emailed last week but have not got a response. Pretty disappointing. Shouldn't take 6 weeks or more to get score sheets. Gotta love NHC. Had score sheets emailed within days of comp.

I just got mine in the mail today.

About time!! I was going to unleash some woop ass if they didn't show up this week. How hard is it to stuff some envelopes with score sheets? Next time I will even send SASE just so I don't have to wait 6 weeks!!

Mine arrived last night- some of my beers scored better than expected but I'm unhappy about the quality of the feedback, and particularly disappointed with the legibility. One of my score sheets is totally unreadable- I'm not even sure what score he gave it but I can guess. Can't win them all, I guess. Glad that my chocolate stout and IPA did so well, though- those were the two beers I was most interested in hearing about.

My scoresheets arrived today...no complaints on judges comments or legibility. My complaint is that I won two medals but surprise, surprise the medals didn't make it with the score sheets:mad: Now I have a choice.....do I just write it off or do I pursue it? I feel that I paid to enter a contest with prizes(medals) and I won. Yet they haven't sent my prize.

My scoresheets arrived today...no complaints on judges comments or legibility. My complaint is that I won two medals but surprise, surprise the medals didn't make it with the score sheets:mad: Now I have a choice.....do I just write it off or do I pursue it? I feel that I paid to enter a contest with prizes(medals) and I won. Yet they haven't sent my prize.

Just give them a call to ask about it. They've been in the middle of the brewery expansion since right after the contest, so I'm sure they've been busy.

Awww my roommate is a jerk. His BIL is one of the brewers at Hanger 24 and never mentioned this competition.

Well I guess he makes up for it by getting their special batch 750ml bottles shipped to him regularly.

Mmmm Black Tuesday....

Back