Keeping a chest freezer outside (Covered patio)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Will this decrease the life span of said unit? It's either here or in the garage but I would rather have it outside to make room in the garage for my junk. Now it will be under a covered patio with a tarp tied down over the unit to keep the wind from blowing rain in, and I will have it up on some sort of pallet or even 4x4s in case we get a ton of rain (i.e. Hurricane/Tropical Storm).

Been looking on craigslist but the best I can find are big enough to fit either 1 carboy, or the last one I found could hold probably 5-6 but that is way too big.

I had my keezer on my screened porch for over a year. The paint took a little beating and they get dirty but its fine. The only issue is if you have ambient temps below what you are shooting for.... then some sort or heat is needed

I had my keezer on my screened porch for over a year. The paint took a little beating and they get dirty but its fine. The only issue is if you have ambient temps below what you are shooting for.... then some sort or heat is needed

I'm safe for low temps. I was born here and until this January I never saw frost, much less weather below freezing for 4 days in a row at 5:30am. My biggest concern is the fact that from May-November we get tons of humidity, almost daily thunderstorms and lots of heat. 82 degrees at 6am isn't uncommon.

i say some urban camo consisting trash/recycling cans. :ban:

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/how_to_hide_beer_in_office.php

beerfridge1.jpg

beerfridge3.jpg

Maybe I'll hide it with all of the pool rafts/toys.

i have atleast 100 kids ages 3 through 18 within a quarter mile of me, so no kegger outside. :(

so that's how to do it!

"hey jimmy! the boss wants to see you."
"yeah, boss?"
"i've noticed that you are sure using a LOT of paper these days! what's the deal?"

it will work, it just might be subject to some more wear and tear.

do you have a place to plug it in?

I actually have an abundance of outdoor plugs under my back patio. For some reason or another the previous owners decided they wanted more on the porch than in the living room when they remodeled.

Back