My new Portable sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowmax10

Reaction score
The sticker price on this was $55 but because the box was open the guy gave me a deal and I got it for $35

12110279.jpg

I made a cheap faucet out of things I have laying around the shop – Note the quick disconnects and the shut off valve

59425018.jpg

I reduced the drain outlet down to 3/4 inch so I could connect a garden hose and a shut off valve so I can fill the sink up and don’t have to mess with loosing a stopper - Note that i haven't connected the proper fitting to the outlet to connect the garden hose the right way

41486350.jpg

I screwed one side of the sink down to a piece of plywood that I had laying around. This makes the sink more sturdy and compensates for the slanted floor that I’m planning to put it on

43033126.jpg

I also drilled holes where the legs meet the basin and used zip ties to bind the legs to the basin so the legs won’t fall off when I move the sink

58578073.jpg

So now, I’ve got a portable sink that is powered by a garden hose that I can move anywhere that I plan to brew

74528320.jpg

My GF loves it because it gets all my brew stuff out of her sink in the kitchen

Nice. I did a similar thing with mine in the basement/brew area. I made a square frame for the base and put casters on it, so I can move it closer to my brew table. Flexible clotheswasher hoses and flex drain. I can get mine within arms reach, with hot and cold.

I need to put mine together. When SWMBO got a new kitchen sink, I snagged the old one. Double stainless steel, with faucet and sprayer.

I need to buy or build a stand for it.

That is a great idea. I have a utility sink in the laundry room adjacent to the garage, but its a real pain going inside to clean stuff. I had been planning a much more involved semi-permanent sink installation in the garage but was a bit put off by the effort.
Your approach will actually be much more functional in my situation and a lot easier.

That is a great idea. I have a utility sink in the laundry room adjacent to the garage, but its a real pain going inside to clean stuff. I had been planning a much more involved semi-permanent sink installation in the garage but was a bit put off by the effort.
Your approach will actually be much more functional in my situation and a lot easier.

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy but this was well worth the effort - I wish I had done it sooner

and a note, if you can run your garden hose to a washing machine you can connect to the hot water because its usually the same fitting as the garden hose

Not to mention that I hooked my wort chiller up to the thing and was able to fill the sink with cold water and add some ice to cut down on the time it takes to chill my wort

Great idea! I need to do this.

Umm.. If anyone wants me to I can include a more detailed parts list

Really though, most of the build was from stuff I had laying around

But really, Thanks for the ego stroking

This was a fun build and one that will help my brewing for years to come

If any one copies the idea I would love to see pics of it!!!

Just a little up date on this, I forgot to drain the water out of it before the winter freeze and destroyed the ghetto faucet that I had made

I'm currently rebuilding the thing

Back