What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chasin Freshies. Another fine Deschutes beverage. Not as good as Red Chair, but what is?

I'm drinking a chocolate-chile stout, which a group of us concocted for entry in a company-wide contest. We came in third out of 10 entries. It is very smooth with a hint of chile with a lingering bitterness. It turned out really good. Next time, I would add a little more chili.

Deschutes The Abyss 2009. WOW!!! Thankfully my bottle was not infected by Brett.

theabyss20092.jpg

Last bottle from this batch of saison. Over-carbonated to perfection. Rest of the batch was fine, save one other bottle. Both were Rayon Vert bottles and I'm thinking I didn't clean them very well.

image-399900455.jpg

TNGabe said:
Last bottle from this batch of saison. Over-carbonated to perfection. Rest of the batch was fine, save one other bottle. Both were Rayon Vert bottles and I'm thinking I didn't clean them very well.

Sounds like a happy accident to me!

Just had the super lucky opportunity to imbibe the ultra-rare Cantillon Zwanze, on International Zwanze Day in Portland, Oregon! This gem gets tapped at noon world-wide. Part of a 35 barrel global distribution celebration in which all kegs are tapped at exactly noon o' clock. And I'm here to tell you it is amazing. Crisp, lightly sour and well worth the drive and the wait in line. I am honored to have sipped this incredibly rare beer at the same time as all the other lucky beer lovers world wide!
And at this moment, I'm nursing the Oak Aged Pale from Petrus. Holy $hit, that's gooooood!

crushingblackdoom said:
just had the super lucky opportunity to imbibe the ultra-rare cantillon zwanze, on international zwanze day in portland, oregon! This gem gets tapped at noon world-wide. Part of a 35 barrel global distribution celebration in which all kegs are tapped at exactly noon o' clock. And i'm here to tell you it is amazing. Crisp, lightly sour and well worth the drive and the wait in line. I am honored to have sipped this incredibly rare beer at the same time as all the other lucky beer lovers world wide!
And at this moment, i'm nursing the oak aged pale from petrus. Holy $hit, that's gooooood!

image-3136506926.jpg

1st installment of Cantillon mini-flight

Wow, moved in to the 'puter. Couldn't see the prices on the phone! If you drink enough, it really is cheaper just to fly to Belgium! Haven't had a Cantillon in years. Jealous!

Wow, moved in to the 'puter. Couldn't see the prices on the phone! If you drink enough, it really is cheaper just to fly to Belgium! Haven't had a Cantillon in years. Jealous!

Half of that is just ChurchKey. The markup at that place is usually asinine. I go there for events like this and that's usually it. Forked out just shy of $100 this afternoon.

What I am drinking: The penultimate bottle of my first homebrew after an afternoon of bottling my Honey Cherry Wheat, and relaxing before I start brewing my Chocolate Milk Stout. It's gonna be a good day for Homebrew here!

Dang that's a lot! It's $7- for a 12 oz pour in Portland! The place was PACKED! I only got in cuz my homeboy is the souschef. Once again, I am honored!

They had 5 Cantillon beers in addition to Zwanze, $12 for 10oz give or take, or cheaper 4oz.

If we could get Cantillon in NC, sounds like about how the Thirsty Monk would bend you over....but damn! I remember getting Lamvinus at the brewery for maybe 6 euros a bottle. Looks like a great line up, though.

Goose Island Harvest Ale

image-3325998053.jpg

Trying to decide what's next. Sometimes too many great choices is a bad thing.

image-2802031959.jpg

Well happen to be lucky today... Drinking fou' foune and zwanze @ crooked stave - also drinkin nightmare on Brett aged in cognac as well another aged in brandy... :)

Ok.... I have no idea! Found this in my father-in-law's garage. He brought it back from Finland in 1991. Should I dare?

ForumRunner_20121201_162712.png

ForumRunner_20121201_162725.png

image-627089515.jpg

Been drinking off the taps tonight, just opened this bottle. Very good, I almost didn't buy it because of the label description, but I figured out last week that Lagunitas beers are way over hopped for the style. Glad I picked this one up.

Billy-Klubb said:
you have the interwebs, look it up. if it's still in production, dare.

Awww the world wide web...

ForumRunner_20121201_165438.png

It was actually produced in 1994 for the band Leningrad Cowboy. The best before date on bottom of can is 11/95.

Doubt it will take my head off, but I bet it'll taste like cat piss.... Not saying that I've tasted cat piss before...but I bet that's what it tastes like. I'm going with another Eel River IPA for now.

WesleyS said:
Goose Island Harvest Ale

Trying to decide what's next. Sometimes too many great choices is a bad thing.

I'll see you that, and raise you a 3kg wedge of Parmesan.

image-3477406015.jpg

Had a bottle of Traquair House for dinner. It was good, but not 7 bucks for a pint good. I'll probably stick with Dry Dock Wee Heavy or Moylan's Kilt Lifter when I want a strong Scotch Ale. Dry Dock especially tastes pretty much just like the Traquair House offering at a better price point and a higher ABV.

Back