keg hex to corney...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
I thought that somewhere I saw somebody with directions how to go from the standard keg hexnut that comes with some draft lines to a corney keg post... Am i crazy or does such a thing exist?

I thought that somewhere I saw somebody with directions how to go from the standard keg hexnut that comes with some draft lines to a corney keg post... Am i crazy or does such a thing exist?

draft lines? like being able to interchange between corny kegs and a sankey tap?

I've hooked up my sankey, corny kegs, and lines with disconnect fittings that allow me to interchange everything, switching between homebrew and commercial draft in a few minutes.

i got a tower and it came with lines attached to it already and they had the keg connectors on them already attached, and i could just cut them off i just wanted to see if there was a way i could find a fitting that goes from that to a threaded corney post...

Sure...

I started with this: kegerator homebrew conversion kit. @ Williams Brewing and added the parts that I needed to make it usable for 3 taps.

You can also get those parts individually at Beer Making and Home Brewing Supplies | MoreBeer.

Basically, there's a 5/16 adapter for the gas lines, 1/4 adapter for the beer line, and then 2 1/4" threaded fittings that you put on your commercial tap. The adapters you put on the beer line and gas line can then connect to both the commercial and homebrew ball-lock gas/beer fittings.

I know some people around here have used quick disconnect fittings as well. Maybe someone who's done that can chime in.

Ball lock fittings with 1/4 thread- I used 1/4 barbs with the MFL thread; just soaked 3/16 serving line in hot water and shoved em on. After upgrading to longer lines to balance my system, I didn't even bother to use clamps! Midwest, northern brewer, etc etc- almost all of them will have the option of threaded or barb connections. You just need a tail piece for the sankey connection and some beer nuts to make the sankey 1/4 thread as well. Let me know if you need links :mug:!

Back