So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a big, rich, chocolatey oatmeal stout mashing right now. This will help me cope with the coming cold months.

Dry Irish Stout for my second brew. Hoping to control fermenting temps better than I did my first.

I am doing a Little Sumppin Clone 10galand then throwing in the Wild as well
Also a boulevard wheat clone with extras. Orange and lemon zest at flame out and 5 of the 10gal will get Sarichi Ace dry hop

A friend is doing a 10gal English Mild, and 10gal Centinal IPA

Just got done brewing a double IPA and we came in 9 points under bummer but it should turn out good. Also using my new fermentation chamber on this one so stoked ohh yea and kegged a citra pale to tonight it was a busy night.

It's just past midnight, and my first stout is in the BK with another 30 or so minutes to boil. I have an London ESB 1968 yeast cake I will pitch it on to.
I thought why not use the dry stout recipe and a medium attenuating yeast just to see if it will be "dry enough".
Drinking:American brown ale
Next to drink: English amber ale
Next to bottle: Chocolate porter
In Brew kettle: Dry stout

Just started mashing a dark Belgian ale. The grains smell fantastic, and I'm pretty stoked. I haven't brewed anything but IPA for quite a while.

Just started my mash on my house ipa. This is my first early morning brew. Doesn't feel right drinking coffee instead of a homebrew. Maybe it will cut down on all of my usual mistakes.

Quite Rye-ght! That's what I'm calling this batch. It is a rye bitter and is in the middle of the boil right now.

AND I just poured the first bottle of my Back to School Porter that I bottled a few weeks ago. Super tasty. It's a good day. :ban:

Just finished cleaning up after my first 1 gallon brew day....

Brewed up an all cascade pale ale. Hit marks as well as bottled up an IPA in the process.

I can see using the lil guy more often, start making 6.5 gallon batches and using different yeast / dry hops on the gallon ?? Could be fun.

My second batch, an Irish Stout, is in the bucket and it smelled great. I just hope the finished product tastes as good as it smelled. This one went 10 times better than my first batch.

If it's cold and dreary outside, I'll brew. If it's nice, then I'll go for a bike ride. Because it's an all-grain affair, I'll need most of the day to do the brewing.

That is, if I don't have to go to work...

Just pulled the first decoction for my double batch of Berliner Weisse. It's nice and cool out on the back patio. Great morning.

If it's cold and dreary outside, I'll brew. If it's nice, then I'll go for a bike ride. Because it's an all-grain affair, I'll need most of the day to do the brewing.

That is, if I don't have to go to work...

Well, with one of the occupants of my house down with some illness, I can't brew. There is no way to get the wort from my porch to my basement, without passing their bedroom; it would be cruel for me to induce vomiting (again), so I don't think I'll be able to pitch until Friday. This affords me the opportunity to reformulate my recipe.

The weekend's over, but I'm brewing up my first split batch/bast***ized partigyle. I'll be mashing enough wort to make 5 gallons of 1.055 beer, but I'm going ot mix the runnings and split them in two. Half will get a bit of sugar and American hops for a light AIPA (1.06, 50 IBU), and the other half will be diluted and British hopped for a special bitter (based on yeoman recipe). I appreciate variety too much to brew 5 gallons of the same beer.

I brewed NB's Bourbon Barrel Porter (extract) on Saturday, and NB's Grateful Dead Guy (extract) on Sunday.

My house smells like a brewery.

Not the weekend, but I'm going to brew up another batch tomorrow before I head home for Christmas. It'll be my first all grain batch, BIAB-style. Doing a fairly simple American IPA that should be ready for dry hopping just about the time I return.

Not really a clone of anything. I was given an ounce of whole leaf Amarillo hops a few weeks back when I picked up a new capper, so I figured, what the heck? Mostly 2-row, with a little Munich and some crystal thrown in, plus Alchemy (which this year I think is a blend of Magnum and Warrior), Cascade, Chinook, Willamette and Amarillo. We'll see how it turns out...

Bottled 3 batches this weekend. Next weekend I'll likely be bottling another (gonna pull a small taste sample first, may need more time on the oak), and probably make a couple starters for brews later in the week while I'm on vacation.

Taking a day off and doing an easy double brew day. First is a no boil Berliner Weisse that I plan on doing an all lacto primary then finish with some brettanomyces. I do have a packet of US-05 on hand if I decide that it needs it. The lacto starter I made from grains and previous brews run off is tasting good and tart!

Second is a Belgian style blonde with pink peppercorns and grains of paradise. I will likely bottle this with some brettanomyces too.

We have a little one on the way. She could be here any day from now to two more weeks. So this might be my last brew day for a couple months or so, gotta make it count!

Back