So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to try to do either the Irish Red or the Milk Stout I have ingredients for. Or maybe I'll just stick to bottling. This weekend so far has not been very productive for me so I might not get to brewing :(

Threw together a batch of cider last night. 7g AJ, 4lb dark brown sugar, 1 lb dark candi syrup and a 1gallon starter of washed 3711. 1.092 og.

Won't be the weekend, but I'm brewing after I get off work weds. morning (I work nights -7p to 7a). 10 gal. summer ale. Trying two different yeasts though, to see what the different results are (if any). I like to experiment with Beer. You can enjoy the results to the fullest!

Not this weekend but next...

Got ingredients for an oatmeal stout, dunkle and hoppy red, and some extra malt for a wild hop experimental brew.

Not enough time to brew this weekend but will be racking an IPA (named Harper IPA after my best friends new baby girl) to secondary and dry hopping it with 2 more ounces of Falconer's Flight. Want to do a stout next weekend but wondering if I should go for all grain for the first time ever...

Did Denny Conns Wry Smile. Just put the bucket in the closet and cleaned up actually.

Now I'm going to watch the Packers smash the Broncos this afternoon!

Beer making and football....love it!

I harvested 11 oz of Cascades from my garden this year...going to make a Cascade single hop IPA. Simple recipe of Marris Otter, C60 and Carapils. MMMMMMMM

Brewed an IPA yesterday. Lots of willamette & cascade with some mt hood. Changed things up by adding my usual 20min as FWH. Also the first beer in my new ferm chamber.

image-1825461239.jpg

Its the one in the carboy. I pitched it last night at about 10:00 with WLP001, and it was bubbling away when I woke up this morning.

I brewed a cream ale and just used leftover cascade and centennial from the biermunchers blonde ale I made yesterday for bittering. I also kegged a pale ale I made last week.

Brewed an IPA today continuously hopped with a mix of simcoe, chinook, and cascade.

didn't hit my mark on the OG, but It should still turn out nicely.

Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale today. Started at 9:30. Usual 4 hour brew day lasted 7 hours due to a 3 1/2 hour sparge. Ended up missing the first 7 or 8 minutes of the Pats game. Not a big deal...I'm a Jets fan, just don't tell my wife.

AHS Stone IPA clone- great brew day. Started at 4, ended at 10 (after cleanup, etc.), actual brewday was only 5 hours and change. 2 hours ahead of schedule. Hit the OG dead on the nose, temps were perfect, everything went well. Yeah, it feels really good. Kyle

Brewed a red rye ipa today, loosely based on founders and pliny..columbus, simcoe, centennial and amarillo. Sample was delicious. Firm but smooth bitterness, very tasty. Using my new chest freezer w temp control for the first time too. 64 degrees, set and done
:)

Brewed an imperial red IPA. Warrior, columbus, and Centennial hops. Split the batch and used wlp099 on half and wyeast Scottish ale on the other half.

Will be brewing my FIRST batch ever this weekend . . . an Amber Honey Ale. Can't wait! Been reading books and comments on this site for weeks now. If all goes well this weekend (and why wouldn't it??) then I want to get a Pumpkin brew knocked out next weekend. Gonna need a lot of bottles . . haven't figured that one out yet. May scrounge behind some bars or the neighbor's recycle bins! Wish me luck!

Wish I was. Out of town for two weeks for work.

I did, however, brew 6 batches last week to make up for it!

Did a quick all extract brew of Zainasheff's american wheat. My apt's a perfect 70 right now so I did a double batch. Should be in a nice way right around thanksgiving.

Will be brewing my FIRST batch ever this weekend . . . an Amber Honey Ale. Can't wait! Been reading books and comments on this site for weeks now. If all goes well this weekend (and why wouldn't it??) then I want to get a Pumpkin brew knocked out next weekend. Gonna need a lot of bottles . . haven't figured that one out yet. May scrounge behind some bars or the neighbor's recycle bins! Wish me luck!

I suggest hitting the liquor store and making the empties yourself :). When you drain them rinse the inside with hot water and toss them in a bucket with oxyclean.

This weekend I am going to brew up some AHS London Porter and maybe some AHS Atlantic Palisades if I feel motivated and bottle my CDA to free up a carboy.

Made a Pumpkin Ale on Friday. Unfortunately, bought my supplies at a LHBS which always seems to come across fairly rude and condescending. Wish I lived near Northern Brewer or Midwest Supplies.

Friday evening I'll be whipping up another batch of my English IPA. Plan to dry hop with 1oz each of EKG and Fuggles this time, for a week, before going to keg.

Just brewed EdWorts Bavarian Hefeweizen on Saturday. Came in a touch low on my OG, but otherwise went very well. Still working out my boil-off rate in my boil kettle. Ended up with an extra .25 gallons of wort than intended. Will get it next time!

Work is slow so, I have had time this week to take inventory around our house. I had enough ingredients laying around to make a 5 gallon batch of an ipa. I am naming it Frankenstein IPA since it was made from spare parts and it will be ready to drink around Halloween. I am almost ready to start sparging. Beautiful weather here today also...life is good. Maybe I will start drinking during the boil...

Maybe Nothing this weekend... Saving up to buy a turkey fryer (burner), bigger brew pot, and wort chiller. Might brew a stout on Tuesday since I piggybacked off the holiday Monday and have a 4 day weekend.

One week til I'm home. Kegging three beers and brewing two.

Can't wait to post in here next week.

I am trying my first AG batch Sunday. It will usher in my return to homebrewing after a 12 year sabbatical! Doing Palmers Oak Butt Brown Ale.

Wish me luck!

Boski51 said:
I am trying my first AG batch Sunday. It will usher in my return to homebrewing after a 12 year sabbatical! Doing Palmers Oak Butt Brown Ale.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Back