Messy Commercial Kegerator Drainage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardyexfor

Reaction score
I have a Beverage Air DD94 5 keg capacity kegerator. It's freakin awesome, I know. :rockin:

Love it all except for the drainage system, which is meant to be plumbed into a floor drain I assume. I don't waste much beer down the system but seem to get a build up of what appears to be water. I'm assuming from condensation...

I keep a wash clothe at the end of the drain system to collect excess water which is a pain. Usually though the lines just fill up because they sag downwards in the middle and get nasty and moldy... So I end up manually pushing the water through the hoses to get it to drain.

Anyone have any experience with owning a commercial kegerator and have a fix for this? I can't plum it so I need an alternative.

Pic:

Snapshot_20121010_1.JPG

I'm not sure if I follow 100% but I set a growler inside my unit and run the drain tubing into that.

all the drain tubing is contained internally in the walls of this unit being it is commercial grade. It all runs through the walls of the unit to the bottom of the doors where the drains externally join with hose tees with a common output at the end. Your idea would work well for the beer drains if they were accessible internally, but again most of what I am seeing appears to be condensation.

Put new hoses on and run them all into a bucket. There should be three hoses. Two from the drip trays and one from under the internal fan.

There is a 4 inch exposed section of the hoses, but I am already running 6 taps in this thing. What a rats nest that would be. I guess my only possible solution though?

Back