Force Carbonating Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpha492

Reaction score
I would like to find some way to force carbonate bottles of beer rather than just a keg. I talked to my local beer making store and they said it would be nearly a 300 dollar investment to pull that off. Does anyone have any more cost effective ideas?

Bottle in soda or sparkling water bottles with Carbonater caps.
carbonator1__08805_std.jpg

im guessing youd hafta siphon to the beer bottles somehow from the soda bottles...or if you could stick a hose and bottle filler onto a soda cap and transfer that way wonder if anyones ever done that

You would not want to remove the Carbonater until serving time if possible, but if you wanted to slap on an ordinary screw cap you could just overcarbonate slightly. Moving the beer out of the PET bottle would just knock too much CO2 out of it unless you hacked up some way to transfer under counterpressure. Check out some of the ways people have rigged up 5L minikegs for some ideas....

It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to force carb directly in smaller 12oz bottles because it would take forever. Carb in a keg and counterpressure fill them when you need bottles.

What do you mean by counter-pressure? Sorry I'm very new to the concept of force carbonating.

use a device called a counter pressure filler to squirt carbonated beer from keg to bottle.

heres one theres a video on the morebeer site so you can see the process too.

Blichmann engineering makes a really popular beer-gun which is a similar device

Back