Pacifica Hops, thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has had experience using this hop for flavoring/bittering etc, and how the beer turned out good/bad/indifferent. Thanks,

I've used them alongside amarillo as a flavor hop. Very orangey. The beer itself was iffy, but I lay the blame on a poorly thought out malt bill and a problematic fermentation. I think the hops themselves are great if you're going for a citrusy finish. I'm curious as to how they'd be against a drier beer; with the high FG I ended up with, they had somewhat of a juicy character.

I just had a six point brewing pacifica IPA on tap over the weekend. It was a single hop beer made out by the NY brewery. Thought it was a very good beer, and I wasn't familiar with Pacifica before this beer. Definitely citrusy - I would definitely drink another one.

The feedback that I have read lately has been great, and you guys are just confirming what I had heard. Cigar City also had a Pacifica SMASH that people really enjoyed. I'm looking to use it in small amounts for a Sasion along side some Spalt.

Just to follow up... I ended up using them in a Saison, which turned out great. Would definitely use them again.

I just brewed a few days ago, with some NZ Pacifica, and a bunch of other hops. I noticed nothing special about these hops. I was actually disappointed, with the aroma, straight out of the bag. I blindly, planned to use them at flameout. I decided to mix it, with Citra and NZ Motueka. It'll be hard, to distinguish them from the others. I'll have try them, as the only flavor hop, next time and see what happens.

Back