Grain Group Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT Round#3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, put me down for the Vienna and the wheat, if anyone wants to split these, send me a PM.

Add:

1 BZ-WHT
1 BZ-VIEN

we now have 42 sacks and the buy is closed. wow that was quick!

Everyone please view the google docs spreadsheet, validate your order and either:

1. send paypal (NOT AS A GIFT) or
2. send money order

both paypal email address and mailing address are included in the spreadsheet on the bottom left.

everyone is close enough that even if you mail me a money order i should get it by monday. If this happens and no one holds up the show we will see grain by end of next week.

PS, incase i didnt make it clear, DO NOT SEND PAYPAL AS A GIFT. they will cancel my account.

If you ignore this message your order will be canceled. no grain for you!

PS, incase i didnt make it clear, DO NOT SEND PAYPAL AS A GIFT. they will cancel my account.

If you ignore this message your order will be canceled. no grain for you!

What's the right way to send payment via PayPal so you don't get charged fees? Do I send it as a purchase or payment owed and tack on some extra for the fees?

Perhaps Rommelmagic can chime in (or PM him) he sent payment correctly, I have never done it so im not sure how its done. I think there is a way to say who pays the fees, buyer or seller.

i did some more research:

You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your PayPal balance or bank account. A small fee applies to payments made with a debit or credit card. For more information, click Fees at the bottom of any page.

under the "Personal" tab choose "payment owed". Paypal describes this as things like "reimbursing a freind for your portion of the bill". this sounds like exactly what we are doing.

You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your PayPal balance or bank account. A small fee applies to payments made with a debit or credit card. For more information, click Fees at the bottom of any page.

under the "Personal" tab choose "payment owed". Paypal describes this as things like "reimbursing a freind for your portion of the bill". this sounds like exactly what we are doing.

Awesome... Thanks! I'll be sending payment shortly

Sorry, I was on the road and just saw the updates on the thread. But the above is correct.

Ok we have all payments but one (i just added the last guy to the spreadsheet access list). Assuming theres no problems with the last payment we will see grain by the end of next week.

start thinking about when you want to pickup. i am available just about all day during the week. weekends will need to play by ear, but early morning is usually better.

Anyone from north jersey want to coordinate a pickup? I would be willing to haul bags down to Paramus area (Bergen Country) for anyone that would be willing to help out with gas/tolls. I have a hatchback jetta diesel that will hold a lot and is pretty fuel efficient.

PM me if you are interested.

Ok grain will be here thursday or friday (for those who's payments have cleared).

also i was able pursuade NCM to find a carrier that didnt charge extra for residential delivery so every should get a few bucks back ($1-2 per sack),

i can send refunds via paypal or leave it as a credit on your next order (we do these every few months). let me know what you prefer.

Blazin, I sent you a PM about grain pickup. I had spoke with Kman a few weeks ago and he had agreed to pick up my order. Let me know if you'd be willing to do the same. Thanks

Grain should arrive by 3pm Friday. i will be brewing and not near the computer so send me a text if you want to arrange pickup after 3 sometime. my number is listed in the spreadsheet.

Grain has arrived, send me a text to arrange pickup.

This one went smooth. thanks everyone for prompt payment and pickup!

Will shoot for March for the next buy unless there is sufficient interest in doing it sooner.

Back