Looking for a brew buddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WvBrewNoob

Reaction score
I am dumbfounded by the amount of information here. I have started a in depth read on the how to brew link to Mr. Palmers book. My question is this: is anyone in reasonble proximity to Clarksburg, WV who might take a noob brewer under his wing and help out with my first batch. All I can offer is this: I will be a vigilant student, and we will drink ALOT of whatever you choose commercial after we are done as a way to celebrate.

Thanks in advance.

PS: If you are a scotch drinker also I have had my eye on a bottle of 18 year glen fiddich this would be an excuse to buy it!!!

I found students are better as bottle washers in the beginning. :D

Seriously though... it is best to have a "mentor" to show you the ropes the first time. I'm in the process of teaching someone the basics.

If you were in MS, I'd sure help you out.

I AM INSULTED! OK not really.

Too bad you are so far away. I am sure someone a reasonable distance will be found. If not, trial and error it is LOL

I've found I never really have learned anything in life except by trial and error or the school or hard knocks. Sucks for me...I'd probably be rich by now. But seriously, while it would help to have a mentor of the mash, you'll get through it fine and learn a lot. Start a thread when you start your brew and anybody that's sober will help you out realtime like.

WvBrewNoob said:
I AM INSULTED! OK not really.

Too bad you are so far away. I am sure someone a reasonable distance will be found. If not, trial and error it is LOL

No need to the error if you'll study up and pay attention.

If you're not sure, look it up here: http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

Anything you don't understand, Ask us.

Back