First Successful Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motleybrews

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First beer was an Irish red. I had not discovered HBT, so I went by directions. Bottled after a week and a half. It's been in bottles for about 4 weeks, and it's still getting there.

Shortly after I found HBT, I brewed a nut brown. Left it in primary for 2.5 weeks and bottled last Monday. Took the obligatory first beer this past Monday, and it was phenomenal. I'm super stoked. Brought some over to my parents house (along with an American cream ale that was bottled on the same day...was good, but still needs to carb more) last night, and they both loved it. My mom is not a beer drinker, but when she is, it's got to have a lime, an orange, or be an ultra. So for her to love this darker brew that I made was awesome!

I think this is going to be one of those beers I always have to keep on hand. I've got a case, a 6 pack, a bomber, and a TAD of it, and imagine it's going to go quickly.

So even though my first brew is getting better and better, I'm calling this beer my first success! The American cream was delicious, just not carbed all the way which is to be expected at only a week.

30b57615.jpg

Put a sixer of it away and drink it in 3 months so you can cry that you drank the rest of it before its prime. Good job on the beer.

It's great to hear the brewing experience is going well! Don't be shy to share your brews if you;re in the area!

B

I've got 3 batches in bottles, 3 batches in primary, and 1 being brewed in a couple weeks. It really seems that HBT is the key ingredient for beginners.

The Irish red had an alcoholic bite to it, and not a great mouthfeel. I tasted it again on Monday, and it's a far cry from what it was. I have a feeling I'll be proud of it in another week or so. Hell, I was proud of it when it went into bottles even though it wasn't that good.

Good brewing is patience. Good brews all come from patience. The waiting is the hardest part. Tom Petty was right. I've got three in the fridge this week myself,waiting for Friiiiidaay! (anybody remember Murray Saul's weekend salute on WMMS?) I've got about a case in there;BuckIPA,Whiskely Ale,& an English Bitter. And a whole stack of Chiabatta bread pizzas home made to go with'em! I love those round,flat loaves of that bread for slicing in half for making pizza. I imagine the IPA will go well with that. The English bitter went well with the rump roast I tossed in the pit with savory key lime oil & seasoning mix on it.:ban:

Back